CHAPTER IV

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

AYRTON clutched tightly onto his jacket, making his way toward the McLaren Hospitality Suite. His shoulders felt heavy from the weight of the pressure with each step he took. Very few people know how difficult it is for a new driver entering a new team, and another layer of pressure which came with it. The cold weather that nibbed at his cheeks did nothing to ease him at all.

Though he had been living in Europe for some time now, it still baffled him of how harsh the weathers can be. Whereas his home, his beloved Brazil , was always filled with tropical warmth and welcoming winds, much like his personality.

Upon entering the suite, he noticed a familiar face smiling his way. The man whom he was currently conversing with seemed to have ended the conversation soon and they parted as Ron Dennis tapped his shoulder, advancing towards him.

They exchanged smiles, briefly shaking hands. The Brazilian famous for giving hugs, pulled the older man into an embrace, one that he politely accepted. "Ayrton, again, pleasure to be working with you." Yesterday, he had met the man whom introduced himself as Head Chief of the team, Ron Dennis.

Ayrton nodded, a slight curl sitting on the edge of his lips. "Thank you. Pleasure to be racing for McLaren."

Ron Dennis nodded, leading him further in the building. There weren't that many people as he initially thought, as they made their way to the counter to start their day with some good coffee.

"I heard, the staff had shortage?" He voiced his impending concerns, looking up at the older man.

"Uh, they were." Ron confirmed his suspicions. "But now they are getting back on their feet."

"Ah." The São Paulo born man nodded. Intending of ending his theories there as they reached the counter.

On the other side was a curly haired woman, cleaning up dishes and stacking them neatly in one side. "Good morning..." Ron squinted, reading her name tag. Figuring she must be one of the new ones to fill in as he couldn't recognize her. "Neferkara?"

Placing the last dish back in the cabinet, she turned fully to them. Her turquoise eyes glimmering under the radiances of the streaming sun's rays from outside. Such beauty...

Her lips curled up in the slightest. "Yes, that is I. Is there anything I may be of assistance to you?"

Ron, as much as Ayrton were taken aback by her choice of wording and gentle voice that almost came through as a whisper. "Yes, please. We'd like some coffee..." His sentence trailed off, turning to the Brazilian at his side, adding on for clarity. "Coffee for you as well, Ayrton?"

"Uhm..." The man found it difficult to tear away from her hypnotic eyes as she raised a thick brow, awaiting for his order with a dainty notepad and pen in her hands. He cleared his throat, answering. "Tea will do for me, please."