New Kid || x Otis

Not ready. Never ready. My anxiety is...bad to say the least. And im starting a new school. Yay. Fuck my life. Ive changed schools...alot. Im worried about everything a person could be possibly worried about. Teachers, directions, grades, friends, fitting in; anything and everything is freaking me out. 

I look down at the Mooredale timetable and attached information I need. Almost there. "Are you exited?" My mother turns to ask me. "Mhm" I say faking a smile. "Youll be fine, y/n" she reassures me. Sure. I really hope so. 

I see the school building approaching as the car pulls up the drive. Jesus... I cant do this. Mother dearest signals for me to get out of the car. Shit. I cant put this off any longer. I grab my bag and proceed to leave the car. "Seeya" I say sombrely and shut the door before I can hear a reply.

I walk with my head down, briskly into the main hall and look up to see where the principle's office was. I knock nervously. "Mr Groff?" I say quietly from the door way." "Uh yes! Mx Y/N! how are you?" he asks and I nod not really sure what to say. "I would like to introduce you to one of our top students, Otis Milburn" I look behind Mr Groff and see a young boy. He looked nervous. Just as nervous as me. 

"..hi" he utters shyly, holding out his hand. I grabbed it making eye contact with him and shook it lightly. "y/n." "Otis, will you please show y/n to their locker?" "Of course" he spoke gaining a little more confidence. We walked down the hall, Otis making the casual comment about a person or water fountain or class room. "This is your locker" he said leaning his weight on the open door and stumbling backwards. "Whoops" he said as I giggled. "Im clumsy" "..me too"

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship....