save you, save me

shadows dance on the ceiling as the fast-paced wings of the fan continue to cause the circular delusion.

seoho closes his eyes. the ticks of his watch ring close by his ear, echoing louder with each passing second.

he counts each little tremble.

one.

two.

three.

four.

five.

there is a knock on the door and he far from bothers to answer.

"two seconds more and you would have been late," he calls out with his gaze still set on the ceiling above. a key is lodged in and the door swings slowly open. seoho still does not stir.

"how does this help with my training?" his visitor questions.

blinking his eyes once to refresh themselves from the prolonged stare, seoho raises himself up to see the same uniform-clad lean male pulling off his thoroughly polished shoes at the entrance. he carries a transparent plastic bag and seoho already starts to salivate upon seeing the prominent red through the material.

"punctuality is a huge thing for royalty, geonhakie," seoho folds his legs as he stifles a giggle to himself, "i can't be embarrassed on your behalf in case you are late."

geonhak chuckles in disbelief as he drops seoho's little care package off on his study table.

"well, I don't think royalty would approve of the prince sleeping on the floor when he has been so thoroughly provided with a wonderfully luxurious bed," geonhak says.

"i'm not sleeping on the floor," seoho stands up, dusting off his uniform and straightening out his blazer, "i have a carpet."

geonhak laughs to seoho's sharp retort as he continued to be pulled by wrist across the vast room, deposited onto the said bed with a slight push.

it takes no time for seoho to straddle his hips, a weekly routine added to muscle memory.

"plus, i've saved this spot for you," seoho says with a smirk as he pulls off his blazer and rolls up the sleeves of his crisp white shirt.

"save that line for later when you kick me off the bed because i slept too much."

"whatever. just strip."

one hand propped up by means of his elbow, the other helps geonhak loosen the tight knot around his neck. seoho has already reached for his shirt buttons.

"someone's eager today," geonhak comments.

"yeah, because i got tired of waiting for you," seoho rests his palm, fully flat across his wide and firm chest, "you ready?"

geonhak nods and closes his eyes.

seoho readily agrees that geonhak looks beautiful like that; when he is sprawled below him with the fragile, tethered silver threads of life emerge from his fingertips and embed themselves into the deep cut valleys of geonhak's chest.

like dainty little strings of pearls, shining bright against his melon tone, seoho is drunk dazed with the sight before him or maybe a part of his life force being transferred over to geonhak's heart had got him dizzy.

no.

it's not only that.

seoho has always liked geonhak.

he liked geonhak when he first interacted with him as a project partner.

geonhak was quiet as a classmate, talking his plenty only to his previously acquainted friends and so seoho really did not know what to expect out of him when they got paired up especially when no one ever talked to the presumptive heir to the valkyrie throne. in their defence, it was not their fault but the bunch of cold wind they would receive from him.