l o v e l a n g u a g e

Richelle doesn't know what she's doing wrong anymore. For some reason, her and Noah aren't as strong as they used to be. Sure, they still love each other, but the connection just isn't there. It hasn't been for a while.

She first noticed it one day at dance. He was teaching choreo, and after they all split into groups to do it. As per usual, Richelle went over to Noah and went through it with them, but there was no chemistry whatsoever. Before everyone else could notice it, they went off to their friends instead.

It next happened again when they were out on a date, only a few days later. It started well, but as the conversation died down everything went silent, and it wasn't a comfortable silence. They both just sat there, unknowing of what to say.

Since then, everything seemed to be like that. Awkward.

Richelle resorted to just avoiding the topic of Noah at dance all together. When he went into shakes and ladders, she would go out. In her mind, if they didn't go anywhere near each other at dance, night times would be less awkward, but it only sparked arguments.

Noah got fed up of being ignored by his own girlfriend, and one night decided to just rage at her about it, well he didn't choose to, it all just kinda came out. That night, Noah slept on the couch, much to Richelle's dismay because she still worries about his back, just to avoid her. The argument was by far the worst they'd ever had, and it didn't end, so Richelle decided to move back in with her parents.

It still hasn't stopped.

They're still together, but whenever they see each other they both feel completely different. Noah feels annoyed, at times he debates whether they're still really together or not, while Richelle feels overwhelmed by guilt.

They agreed to talk tonight, but neither of them or excited. It's not even going to be a date, just them both being in the same room together, alone, for the first time in a month.

Richelle is at her house, mentally preparing herself. This could either be the best or worst night of her life.

She debates putting on a nice dress, does he needs to be impressed or not? But eventually, she just settles for jeans and a nice top. Her makeup is light, how Noah likes it. He's always told her she's beautiful with or without it and that it's up to her, but she's always noticed the way his face lights up when her face is bare or close to it. He loves her for her. He loves the girl under all the makeup and hair extensions. He just loves Richelle.

Noah, however, isn't making much of an effort at all. He's not wearing his sweaty dance clothes anymore, so that's a start, and he showered so his hair at least looks good, but he just threw on some jeans and a hoodie.

When 4:37 rolls around, Richelle gets in the car, knowing it takes exactly 23 minutes to get to the apartment. The whole car ride she listens to music to try and calm her nerves. Why is she so nervous? It's her boyfriend she's going to talk to, not some creep who offered her $10,000 to deliver a package to someone.

At 5:00 exactly, she gets out the car and waits for the elevator, before realising it's out of service. She curses herself out for it, Noah probably thinks she's purposely delaying herself. Feeling more rushed than ever, she runs up several flights of stairs until she gets to his apartment.

Nervous, she knocks on his door a couple times and waits. She's not waiting long though, he already knew she'd be close by now. She's not one to be late.

"Hey." She says, a small smile on her face at the just sight of him.

He smiles back at her before letting her in and shutting the door, leaning down to give her a quick kiss.. but she avoids it. She immediately regrets it, the sad look on his face is enough to say exactly how he's feeling, but she doesn't do anything about it.