That's who we are

.o.

Haruto hates to see how much control Junkyu's stepmother has over him... Junkyu had been dead-tired only mere minutes ago in their taxi, but if she orders him, he doesn't even blink before obeying. As much as he hates, he's not going to watch Junkyu suffer this torture alone however. With some reluctance, he enters Junkyu's bedroom to drop off their beers and to undress to a layer of clothes that seem casual, but yet could still make an impression.

The bedroom isn't as bad as he thought. It's spacious and clean. The furniture is a bit dated, but Junkyu has made the space his own. The bathroom is really small, but for a bachelor, it's everything he needs. The whole space is similar to a very tiny apartment; its living space self-contained in one area. Rolling up his cuffs, Haruto unbuttons his button-down to let the sides drape over his deep V-neck t-shirt, then loosens to take off his tie. He un-does his leather belt and slips out of his expensive loafers. He moves to Junkyu's dresser to find extra-large socks he can trade his silk-blend ones for. He heads into the bath to look over Junkyu's hair products near the sink. He wets his head, then finger-combs back the dark locks with pomade so his face is free of loose tendrils and fly-away strands.

When he's satisfied he looks presentable and calm, Haruto strides out of the bedroom, back down the hallway to turn toward the kitchen. He's standing in the epicenter of a cooking hurricane, not to mention the middle island is now littered with every bottle of alcohol hidden in the house. Junkyu must've known what each of Yuna's friends favorite drinks. Haruto can hear the loud laughter and boisterous chattering. He follows the sounds as they echo toward him.

What he walks in on is something Mino warned him about, and the one thing he feared being true the more he got to know Junkyu… Yuna was monopolizing Junkyu's time in a very peculiar way. She had him perched on the arm of her chair, like she was displaying a fine porcelain doll.

"Junkyu!"

Five heads swivel toward Haruto as he pops out from behind the right side of the archway from the kitchen into the smoky dining room.

Junkyu quickly stands, feeling vulnerable and exposed. He crosses an arm over his chest, to hook his fingers over a shoulder, feeling awkward. He had hoped Haruto would stay in the kitchen or his bedroom.

“Who's this, Junjun?” Yuna tries to peer around Junkyu's body. She ends up having to shove him rudely out of the way. “Who are you, boy?” She doesn't have her bifocals handy, so she squints toward the blurry vision that seems to have taken root in her entryway. One thing that she doesn't like is the way Junkyu gravitates toward the stranger, as if he wants to be with him over her own company.

Haruto can already see fear, hear it laced in Yuna's crass tone. “Junkyu...can I see you in the kitchen?” He gives a small smile to the other ladies around the table, who seem to be staring between Haruto and Junkyu, no longer interested in Yuna and Junkyu.

“Yeah- yeah… I'll be...”

“You know how I feel about friends here late at night, Junjun… And certainly no 'male' friends.” Yuna meant that as a direct slight to Haruto, which he took in stride, ignoring her meanness without really knowing who he was.

Junkyu was already half-way out of the room, but he turned to look toward the other ladies at the table. “Is there anything else I can get anybody?”

“Nope.”

“Nah, I'm good, Junkyu. Thanks, honey.”

“Yes, thanks, hon'. I may need a refill late, unless my water pill kicks in.”

Yuna sends a death glare toward Haruto and being eerily quiet, contemplative, as she narrows her eyes on them both.

Haruto backs into the kitchen, taking one of the breakfast stools hard on his bottom. Junkyu trails behind him, standing in the middle of the floor with an arm still over his chest, like he's chilled. All Haruto can do is stare at Junkyu, looking at the bare skin, since Junkyu had taken off his out shirt, and how flushed Junkyu is, not to mention how much he's apparently shaking. “Junkyu...” He's at a loss for words.“Come here...” Haruto's moving to stand.