alternate ending

ok so here's an alternative ending. sorry for y'all that didn't want one, you don't have to read this. but there was an overwhelming amount of people who did want this, so for those who did, here ya go (: 

by i'm writing this out normally bc i'm wAY too lazy to do one sentenced chapters.

+

Luke's brain was overwhelmed with his mom's absolute stupidity as he ran down the street. Had she not seen the bruises on Michael's face? 'Michael's father hadn't been taking it well', she said that Michael's mom had said. Had neither of them clued in? Or was Luke just over thinking it?

He felt as though he would colasp at any minute. Michael's house wasn't exactly close to his; his legs were throbbing in agony due to the length and speed he had been running at. He could feel droplets of sweat cascading down his face but nonetheless, he continued to run. 

When he could see Michael's house in the distance, it pushed him to run even faster. His heart was pounding with both adrenaline and terror. He wasn't confident that Michael would be ok, but he had to be. He had to

His sweaty fist pounding on the front door of the Clifford's residence and Ms. Clifford opened the door fairly quick. She had a beaming smile that looked obviously forced. He could see the bags under her eyes. "Hello, Luke. Is everything alright?" She asked. 

"Is Michael home?" Luke sputtered, his voice coming out wheezy and rushed. He ignored her question because no, everything was not alright, but that wouldn't be an impolite thing to say. 

Ms. Clifford looked clearly confused. "Yes, but he didn't mention you were coming over. Then again, I haven't heard from him since this morning..." 

Luke pushed past Ms. Clifford. He felt slightly guilty when he heard her stumble backwards and gasp in surprise but felt slightly better about himself because at least she didn't fall over. 

A nauseous feeling washed over him as he wandered down the hallway, towards Michael's room. As he got closer, he could see the door was open a crack and soft music could be heard. It settled Luke's stomach partially. 

Finally, Luke reached the door and slowly pushed it open. His face drained it's colour when he saw Michael standing on a chair with a noose hanging loosely around his neck, in front of him. 

"No, Michael! Stop!" Luke cried out, running towards the pyjama clad boy, who's face was stained with tears. 

Michael looked like a deer caught in headlights, his eyes blown up and his face paler than usual. "N- No, Luke.. You aren't suppose to be here." He whispered, an unexpected sob escaping his lips. "Y- You ruined it, Luke. N- No, you r- ruined.. i- it.." 

Michael was a mess of sobs, his frail body shaking as Luke gently lifted him off of the chair; The noose slipped over Michael's head with ease. Tears found their way down Luke's face as he held his boyfriend close, rocking him back and forth and whispering sweet things in his ear. 

The two eventually made it to the bed, Michael positioned on Luke's lap as he cried on Luke's shoulder. And Luke held him close, he was never going to let his baby go. 

"You're ok, Mikey. You're ok." Luke whispered, pressing sweet kisses to Michael's head and trying to avoid the tears clouding his vision. 

After a while of quiet, the only noises being Michael's soft sobs, Luke spoke up. "Why, baby?" He asked softly, nuzzling his nose into Michael's hair. 

Michael whined, his grip around Luke tightening. "My dad," He whimpered, taking a shuttered breath. "He makes everything.. s- so bad, Lukey. So b- bad.." 

Luke squeezed his eyes shut, holding Michael as close as he possibly could. "Everything's ok now, Mikey. He can't hurt you anymore. I got you, I'll protect you."

Michael and Luke cuddled in Michael's bed for the rest of the day. Neither of them said anything, they just laid in each others presence and listening to the sound of each others breathing. Eventually, Michael would start to cry and Luke would hold him close. Sometimes, Luke would start to cry and Michael could kiss away the blonde's tears. 

At around midnight, Michael started to laugh and Luke was beyond confused. He gave Michael a look as if the boy had three heads and Michael smiled sheepishly. "I have a suicide note written, it's in my locker from freshmen year. The janitor's probably going to find it now." 

Luke smiled weakly. "We can go get it now, if you want." He suggested and it was Michael's turn to give Luke a funny look. Luke just grinned. "I know a way in." 

So, the duo found themselves walking the empty streets at quarter to one in the morning in front of their high school. They were graduating soon; the thought of Michael not graduating if Luke hadn't been quick enough made him sick to his stomach. 

Luke climbed through a window at the side of the building into the math classroom, that Luke knew was always unlocked, and helped Michael in after him. 

"How did you know it would be unlocked?" Michael whispered, brushing off his jeans once he was safely through the window. 

Luke chuckled. "I did a lot of naughty things in sophomore year. And you don't need to whisper, nobody's here." He assured Michael, grabbing the shorter boys hand and dragging him out into the hallway. 

Michael nervously curled up to Luke's back. "Isn't there security camera's?" He asked, his voice still in a whisper because he didn't fully believe Luke about no one being there. 

"There are camera's, but none of them are on. The schools budget isn't big enough to have them running, so they're just up to scare us." Luke explained, leading Michael down the hallway, towards the stairs. 

Locker 2537 was on the second floor, at the end of a row of lockers, next to a water fountain. Most unoccupied lockers had a padlock on them but for some reason, this one didn't. When Luke opened it, it was completely empty except for a crumpled up note at the bottom. 

He picked up the note and turned back to Michael. "Is this it?" He asked and Michael nodded. "Do you want me to read it?" 

Michel blushed and snatched the letter from Luke's hands. "No." He bashfully huffed, stuffing the note into his sweater pocket. "It's embarrassing because now you'll have to look at me after you read it." 

"Whatever you say." Luke sighed, slinging his arm across Michael's shoulders after closing the locker. 

Michael spoke up as the two made their way back to the unlocked window. "You won't tell anyone, right?" He whispered, his voice timid and embarrassed. 

Luke frowned softly. "If you don't want me to, I won't." He promised, letting go of Michael when they reached the window. "But you have to promise you won't do it again. And let me take you to therapy or something. I can't loose you, Michael." 

Michael hesitated before nodding unwillingly. "I'm so in love with you, Luke." He whispered, looking down at his shoes. "I'm sorry that I tried to leave you." 

Luke approached Michael carefully, using his index fingers to lift his chin. "You should be sorry," He whispered back, playfully, causing both him and Michael to crack a grin. "I love you like the moon loves the sun." 

"I love you even more." Michael hummed back, inching his lips closer to Luke's. 

Luke smiled, "No matter what?" 

"No matter what." 

+

wowowoowowowowowowowowoowowow if u hated that, same 

i tried tho so at least give me a point for effort :(

but that's it this is over now i'll stop like posting random shit in this 

bUT GO CHECK OUT A STORY I'M WRITING WITH @astronomicalum CALLED PURGATORY IT'S ON MY PROFILE YAY. ALSO CHECK OUT A STORY I'M WRITING WITH @cigarvttes CALLED CATFISH ((I WRITE AS LUKE IN IT)), IT'S ON HER PROFILE YAY. 

you should message me too bc y'all are adorable ((: <3 

that's it bye