28- The list

This is a sort of filler chapter because I think the plot is moving too fast so I'm trying to slow it down slightly

The poor brunette was pacing around the living room, trying to come up with a list of things that no one could do while his parents were there. He trusted his friends but when it came to his parents, you could never be too careful.

It was 7:15pm and just him, Dream and Sapnap in the room, Karl and Quackity were grocery shopping.

His list got too big to fit in his head so he got his phone out of his pocket and opened the notes app. 

"Can you stop that? I'm trying to watch TV." Sapnap complained, referring to George's nervous pacing.

Dream looked up at him from the couch and grabbed his hand, stopping him in his tracks.

"It'll be fine, George. They wont find out and even if they do, they probably wont disown you." 

"Well that's comforting. Thanks Dream."

"Okay that better in my head."

George rolled his eyes as he sat down right next to Dream. Even if it wasn't worded very well, his words helped him fell a little better. Knowing that he had Dream even if things went south with his family made him smile.

Even so, he wanted to be safe, so he began his list.

Rules for when my parents come over:

-No kissing (duh)

-No flirting

-Sit at least 2 inches between each other

-No hugging

-No holding hands

-No doing that weird 'I love you more' thing you always do (That goes to Sap, Q and Karl)

-I will sleep on the sofa so my parents can sleep in my bed. That one isn't a rule, its just good information to know

Once the list was done, he sent it to Sapnap, Quackity and Karl. He didn't bother sending to Dream because he had been reading over his shoulder.

"Don't you think they're a little extreme?" Dream asked him.

Sapnap started reading the list on his phone.

"Not even hugging?" Sapnap argued.

"You don't know my parents. So no, not even hugging."

"What counts as flirting?" Dream chimed in.

George thought about, tilting his head to the side. "Don't look at me too much just to be on the safe side."

"What!" They yelled in unison.

"You just said that like it was nothing!" Dream added.

"I know it seems like a lot, but its only for three nights and then they'll be gone."

"I can't just not look at my boyfriends!" Sapnap pleaded.

"Fine. Look at them but don't make it obvious." George thought for a second. "Maybe we should rearrange our places at the dining table so we are all split up."

"That's a no."

"Fine. But you're good with the other rules, right Sap?"

"Its only for three nights so... I guess so."

"Great! Now lets start cleaning." George started getting up but was pulled back down by Dream.

"You've already done that, George." Dream reminded him. "They're coming in a week. We have plenty of time to clean. Just relax for now."

"I can't."

"I have an idea." He leaned in closer so Sapnap couldn't hear. "Lets go on a date."

Butterflies filled George's stomach from those words. Him and Dream had already had their first kiss, and their first time having sex already. They even lived together. But they were yet to have their first date. It was like the order that it was supposed to happen was flipped upside down. But George didn't mind; he liked how different their relationship was to the 'ideal' one.

"Where?" George asked.

Dream shrugged. "We'll figure it out on the way."

George paused, pretending to think about it before replying so he didn't sound too eager. "Sure."

And before long, they were on the road, Dream's hand on George's thigh as he drove them to wherever they wanted.

~615 words~

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter. I was on holiday and didn't realise there would be no Wi-Fi. I ran out all my data from the last time. Woops

Emoji- 🗜

-Esme