Chapter Fifty One

"Gavin?" Kat calls out as her and dean make they're way down a hallway. Sam having gone split off the search a different section. She calls out again "gavin!" Dean is frustrated with the girl "hey, I got a question for you. You've seen a lot of horror movies yeah?" She nods and tries to avoid looking him in the eyes by looking down at the little girl cuddling in his jacket. "Yeah, I guess so.."

Dean cuts her off firmly "do me a favour, next time you see one, pay attention. When someone says a place is haunted, don't go in." Dean turns away and starts walking more but Liddy lifts her face up to look at him with a frown on her face. He looks at her and rolls his eyes. He asks her in a whisper "what?" She whispers back "no be bad, yuky" it takes Dean a couple of seconds to try and get what she's saying but it clicks she's telling him not to be mean to the girl. Dean whispers back "I just want her to be safe. Not to be mean, but to scare her to never come back here." Liddy just sighs and rubs her snotty nose on the front of his shift.

Dean cringes at the grossness of her action but he's a man. It's not like he thought to bring tissues for a snotty toddler nose. Plus he usually just uses his sleeve.

....

They had been walking for a little while and Liddy had wanted down so dean was walking with her slightly in front of him so he could keep a close eye on her while looking for Gavin or ghosts. Liddy was looking around at everything they walked passed. She was confused, she could feel somehing bad around but also something nice. Dean and daddy had always said ghosts were bad, but she felt nice ones here. Were they trying to trick her?

She stopped when she noticed the light that dean had been shining in front of them had flickered. She turned back to dean as he took a couple more steps towards her while looking at his flickering torch. He starts shaking it and smacking it before it goes out completely "you son of a bitch."

He sighs and tugs Liddy a little close before putting his torch away "it's alright, I've got a lighter." Liddy feels a chill go down her back and gets scared so she backs up behind dean and ends up backing into Kat. Kat smiles softly down at the little girl before feeling a really tight hold on her arm.

At the same time Liddy feels something tighten on the back of her shirt as she hears the big girl say "ouch, your hurting my arm." Dean turns back to them thinking maybe it was Liddy holding onto Kat "what are you talking about?" Kat looks right at dean scared. Liddy looks up at them but before she can say anything her and Kat are pulled back sharply, screaming as dean tries to grab a hold of them.

The ghost had pulled them so fast that Dean didn't even get close. Liddy is screaming as she hears the door slam shut, locking Dean out of the room. This makes her more scared. She can hear dean on the other side of the door yelling for them "Liddy! Kat! Baby!"

Kat is frantically banging on the door while Liddy crawls into the corner of the room screaming her head off in terror. She keeps her eyes closed and just keeps screaming. She doesn't even hear the heavy breathing in the room. She feels Kat get backed into the corner with her but Liddy just keeps screaming as dean keeps yelling for her and smashing into the door.

Liddy can hear sammy join dean. She looks up to see what was going on, only to see a ghost having a hold of Kat above. Liddy let's out the loudest scream she ever has, terrifing dean and Sam. Kat screams out for them "help us! Help!" Sammy is trying to get Kat to calm down but it's very hard since both girls just keep screaming."Kat it's not gonna hurt you! Kat! Kat, listen to me! You have to calm down! You've got to face it! The spirits! They're not trying to hurt us! Liddy! Calm down baby girl, your safe!"

Liddy doesn't listen and just keeps screaming. Kat looks down at the terrified girl as Sam keeps trying to reason with her. "They're trying to communicate! You gotta face it!" She screams back "you face it!" As the ghost gets close up to her face. Sam yells back hurriedly "no, it's the only way your going to get out of there." Kat screams back "noooo!" Sam keeps trying "look at it! That's all. Liddy please baby girl, calm down." Kat is trying her hardest to calm down but Liddy doesn't have the ability to calm herself down and just keeps screaming and crying, huddled between kat's legs.