Chapter Fifty Three

It was night time by the time they left. Liddy was fast asleep in the back seat if a food coma while Sam and dean sat in the front with Sam actully driving this time. He questioned dean who was looking through his research "all right, so the names dad gave us, they're all couples?"

Dean nods "yep, three different couples, all went missing." Sam was confused on how the information made this a case for them to look at "and they're all from different towns, different states?"

Dean nodded his head again, feeling excited about how his dad had put this case together "that's right, yeah. Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country. None of them arrived at their destination or were ever heard from again."

Sam tried to talk them out of the case since he wanted to folllow their dad "well it's a big country dean. They could've disappeared anywhere." Dean ignore Sam's attempt to brush the case off "yeah, could've.  But each one's route took them through the same spot of Indians. Always on the second week of April, one year after another after another."

Sam frowns "this is the second week of April." Dean smirked "yep." Sam sighed "so dad is sending us to Indiana.. to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?" Dean doesn't even bother to look up from his research, completely impressed "Yahtzee..... can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? I mean, the different obits dad had to go through? The man's a master."

Before dean can say anything more, Sam pulls the car off the side of the road quickly. Dean looks in the back seat to check Liddy didn't wake up, thankfully her food coma would mean a very deep sleep. He looked back at Sam "what are you doing?"

Sam frowns angrily "we're not going to Indiana." Dean is confused "we're not?" Sam shakes his head "no, we're going to California. Dad called from a pay phone with Sacramento area code." Dean was slightly annoyed "sam..." but same cut him off "dean, if this demon killed mum, Jess and bubs mum, and dad's closing in, we gotta be there. We gotta help."

Dean shakes his head at sam "dad doesn't want our help." Sam continued to be stubborn "well, I don't care," dean tries not to raise his voice like Sam is "he had given us an order." Sam replied louder "I don't care! We don't always have to do what he says."

Dean is getting pissed now "Sam, dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives. Keep our baby sister safe. It's important." Sam nods "alright, I understand. Believe me, I don't want her in danger but sadly that's our lives. But Im talking one week here, man. To get answers. To get revenge!"

Dean raised his voice back "to put Lydia right in the demons hands!" Sam was shocked and didn't know what to say to that, he didn't want to admit that chasing this thing could do exactly that. Dean took a few seconds to calm his breathing "all right, look. I know how you feel."

Sam got annoyed "do you?" Sam scoffed as if this doesn't affect dean as much as him "how old were you when mum died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?"

Dean had a lot he wanted to say to him but he was just so mad. "Dad said it wasn't safe for any of us. I mean he obviously knows something that we don't! So if he says stay away, we stay away." Sam cut him off "I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him."

Dean yelled back at him "yeah, it's called being a good son and brother. Don't forget the three year old baby who's trying to sleep in the back seat ends up everywhere we go including the dangerous places!" Sam doesn't even bother to answer him on that because it's the one feeling of hesitation he has and is trying to ignore it.

He quickly opens the door and gets out. Dean looks back at Liddy after sam slammed the door to see her staring to wake up from all the noise. Dean leans back and rubs her hand shushing her, hoping for her to settle back to sleep which she does very quickly since she shares his trait of food coma's.

Dean quickly gets out just as Sam is closing the boot with all his stuff now out. Dean is super mad now "your a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want, don't care what anybody thinks or who you put in danger." Sam smirked at dean "that's what you really think?"

Dean nods "yes, it is." Sam scoffs and picks up his bags "well, then this selfish bastard is going to California." Sam then walks off. Dean watched him shocked "come on, you're not serious." Sam kept walking "I am serious." Dean yelled after him "it's the middle of the night... hey! I'm taking off. I will leave your arse, you hear me?"

Sam finally turned back towards dean " that's what I want you to do!" Dean could see Sam really didn't care as much about them as he did for Sam. "Goodbye Sam." He said before walking around the the drivers side, he gave Sam one last look before getting into the car. He looks at Liddy to see her sleeping thankfully before starting the car and driving off.