Confessions

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fun fact: When I originally started writing this book, I had no intention to write Muraad's character. Amara was going to be sort of a negative character, who was also going to fall for Zaid. And this is the reason she made a joke with Noor about someone else taking Zaid away. 

But I am strictly against writing about love triangle, and I didn't want to turn Arhaan and  Nazia's daughter into a cliché villain, and so Muraad was written in.

****

Amara

"Amara Muraad Azeem, I'm in love with you." Muraad confessed outside the room where everyone was gathered for our Nikah dinner. "Bohat mohabbat ho gayi hai mujhe aapse."

*"I've fallen deeply in love with you."

"Muraad, I..." I began to say. I had no idea what to say. I was stunned into speechlessness. Words were foreign to me, even in a language that I'd spoken since I'd learned how to talk.

"You don't have to say anything." He whispered. "I just thought that, as my wife, you should know this." He took my hand in his and turned to walk us back inside.

I shook my head as if trying to free myself from the disbelief, but a blissful fog seemed to have descended on my mind, leaving me dazed.

Do I love him?

I legit don't know. How do you figure that out? Is there a quiz I can take to find out?

I knew that I had strong feelings for him, but love? 

As we entered the room, I smiled as I returned back to Earth from my Bliss Bubble. Everybody in my family looked happy, and even Nausheen Aunty was laughing as she chatted to Mama. It was beautiful. I could even ignore the sourness of Muraad's father, considering how happy everyone was.

"How about a game of cricket after dinner?" Bilal joked as we all sat around the large table that we'd specially rented for the Nikah dinner.

"Bilal, just eat, please." Chachi told him, wearily.

"Yeah, bro, chill. He's our brother-in-law now." Armaan Bhai looked a bit too proud of himself as he said that. "We need to give him that respect."

"I'm truly sorry." I whispered to my husband, loud enough for my brothers/cousin brothers to hear. "They were left at the doorstep by aliens and my kind hearted parents, as well as Chachu and Chachi, took them in." 

Muraad chuckled, before starting up a discussion with Papa about his fitness routine as an athlete. 

****

For the post dinner tea, my parents had organised a beautiful tea party outside in the garden. Fairy lights lit up the entire grounds of the Sheikh family home, and tables and chairs were set up for tea. The parents were on one side, while us youngsters were on the other.

"Do you like catching the ball?" Shezan was innocently asking Muraad. "My hands hurt when I catch it."

Muraad laughed and started to explain the techniques to him, and Shezan listened with excitement. The sweet little boy had been so well-behaved through the Nikah event, that when he had shyly approached Muraad just now, nobody stopped him.

"Can we play together one day?" Shezan asked him.

"Of course we can, buddy. Whenever you want." Muraad ruffled his hair.