IV

"Tell me"

It had barely been two days since my library session when Ranboo shook me awake. His eyes were completely open, showing off his heterochromatic eyes. Red and green peering into my heart through my optics, how lovely they were to you, they were always filled with wonder and agency. He was smart, that's a given, but he's always been nervous about things, but looking into his eyes gave away his intellect. Smart eyes.

Although he didn't come here to discuss eye colors. "Y/n! Y/n! Get up! Quick!" His earnest voice demanded. "Come on! Grab one of your dresses, The King of the Nether is going to be here any minute!" I immediately shot up when I heard that.

I threw the covers off of me and bolted to my closet, riffling through the gowns. Ranboo was already in a very professional and clean-looking prince's ensemble.

"Bloody hell! I thought he was going to arrive at a later date!" I exclaimed in a panic. "Shit, what do I even wear? He's a king!" I pulled out two dresses and laid them on my bed. One light blue with green accents, and one a deep pink with white accents. "Which one?" I asked Ranboo. He quickly advanced over.

"The blue one looks more professional, if that's what you wanna go for, and the pink one looks more innocent and welcoming." He explained. I tapped my fingers on the headboard of my bed, pondering which to pick. "I think the blue one looks better, plus, it's our kingdom's colors." He smiled.

My eyes lit up. "Oh! You're right!" I threw the pink dress back and along with Ranboo out of my room for myself to change.

I sped-ran changing, I don't think I've physically changed that fast before. I brushed my hair as best as I could in such a short amount of time. I dashed to the throne room as fast as I could in the dress I was in. I burst into the hall, seeing's everyone already seated. There were five seats. The king's throne is in the middle, and with two slightly smaller and less fancy chairs on either side on him. Wilbur and I sat on the left of him, as Ranboo and Tommy sat on his right. Everyone was already there; so I quickly saunter my way to my seat.

Tommy reared his blonde head. "Oh look! The nerd is here! So kind of you to join us, ms beauty sleep." He yelled, mocking me.

Wilbur slowly whirled his head to look at the boy. "Can you not go three bloody seconds without becoming a dickhead?"

"I'M NOT A DICKHEAD, DICKHEAD!"

Dad puts his hands up in the direction of the arguing sons. "Please, just keep it professional and nice? For the King when he arrives?"

Right! The King. "Where is he?"

Philza fidgeted with the brim of his royal crown. "He's currently being escorted up here by a mix of his men and mine. He'll be here shortly, don't worry, sweetheart." He smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile softly at him back. When dad says not to worry, I know he's being genuine.

I sat up straight in my chair. The King could walk in at any moment, plus, members of the royal court and nobles were all sitting in the ball as well, waiting. The thought of meeting him made me nervous, I had met royalty before, but this will be the first time I can say I've met royalty from another world. It made the hair on my neck stand on its ends.

Suddenly, everyone rose up. My eyes darted up to the big archway at the front of the room. There he stood. He wore a long red cape with white fur trim that connected with brooches on a gold chain on either side of where the cape rested on his shoulders. A large backpack dragging behind him. Black trousers with a red wrap around his waist. His skin was slightly pinker than others. He fitted into a clean white collared blouse aligned with a white cravat which was bound together by a black gem lined with gold. He was covered in gold, from his pointed ears that donned hoops to studs of gold all the way to his hand that werelittered with rings. Yet, with everything he wore, the most striking thing of all was his face and hair. I couldn't even see his full face, everything above the mouth was covered by what looked to be a hog's skull, I was only able to see his soul-piercing red eyes that poked out of the eyeholes of the hog. Then his hair was a striking pink, flowing to his waist.