Part 4 chapter 7

A few days later. June 2008

Tony and I are fixing the suit, making changes to it and fixing it up from the last mission.

I tried to go to stark Industries yesterday, and when I went into the building one of the guards shot me. They know, I know and it's risky. But I have to protect Mr Stark, even if it kills me, I can't lose him, or pepper. They are all I have and if I lose them I go back to having nothing, I can't go back to that again. No one really knows the feeling of aloneness until they are experiencing it. It's awful, being left alone with nothing but your thoughts and the emptiness that consumes you, it's a feeling I wouldn't wish upon anyone. And for that reason, I must do whatever it takes to protect, Mr. Stark and pepper.

Speaking of pepper. "Hey. You busy? You mind if I send you on an errand?" I look over at Tony. "No, if our speculations about him are true, then it's not safe for her, I'll go." He laughs. "You tried to go and they shot you. They trust pepper more than you." I give him a glare, and if looks could kill. "Pepper, I need you to go to my office. You're going to hack into the mainframe and you're going to retrieve all the recent shipping manifests. This is a lock chip. This'll get you in. It's probably under Executive Files. If not they put it on a ghost drive, in which case you need to look for the lowest numeric heading." I look over at pepper who looks a little shocked and confused. "And what do you plan to do with this information if I bring it back here?" I walk over to pepper. "We are going to destroy, every last one of the weapons. To put it simply. Obadiah is going to come after us, we'll stop him, hopefully, if not he will kill both of us, or I'll die saving stark." She looks at me shocked. "Kidding. No ones going to die.... Hopefully." I mumble the last part. Tony Rolls his eyes and walks over to pepper. "Look it's the same drill. They've been dealing under the table, and I'm going to stop them." I cough at him. "We're going to stop them."'I smile and nod. "We're going to find our weapons and destroy them." I look at pepper as she shakes her head. Little does she know that we have to do this, and I'm not going to let anything bad happen to him. "Tony, Madison, You know that I would help you with anything, but I cannot help you if your going to start all of this again." I go to say something but Tony beats me too it. "Theres nothing except this. There's no art opening. There is no benefit. There is nothing to sign. There is the next mission and nothing else." Pepper looks at me and then at tony. "Is that so? Well then I quit." I look at tony and pepper throws the flash drive on the table and goes to walk away.  "You stood by our side all these years while we reaped the benefits of destruction. And now that we're trying to protect the people that we put in harm's way, your going to walk out?" Tears threaten to leave my eyes but I blink them away. "You are both going to kill yourself. And I'm not going to be apart of it." Tony sits down and I walk over to stand infront of him. "I shouldn't be alive." I look down at him. "Hey! Same here." He rolls his eyes. Not the right time got it. "Unless it was for a reason. I'm not crazy, pepper. I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it's right." I chuckle. "What heart?" I slap myself in the face. "I have to stop doing that." Tony shakes his head. Pepper walks over and picks up the hard drive. "You both are all I have too, you know." I smile and she walks out of the lab. "That went pretty well, I think. Also did she just admit to secretly loving us?"

I'm chilling in my room, playing my guitar when I hear a noise downstairs. I shrug and play my guitar again. My phone begins to ring and I look down at peppers contact. "Hey, pepper. Did you get the file?" "Madison, he knows, Obadiah knows that we know. I called tony but he hung up. Is he there?" I walk down the stairs and find tony on the couch. "Pepper I'll call you back." I hang up the phone. "Mr. Stark. What happened? What can I do to help?" I look at his reactor, which is missing. "Do you have another one." He nods slightly. "Is it in the lab?" He groans. "I'll take that as a yes." I vamp speed down to the lab and find it in a glass case. I smash the case and vamp speed back up the stairs. I run over the tony  and plug it back in his chest. "There You go buddy." I help him up and sit him on another chair. "It was him, wasn't it." He nods. "Yeah."

I'm getting ready to go when Rhodey walks in. "Where's tony?" I point towards the lab and he runs down. "God, I forgot how tight this thing was." I look down at my outfit. "And I forgot it's mainly metal." I walk down to tony and Rhodey. "We have to go now, he's with pepper." I look up and my eyes turn red. "Let's get this son of a bitch." Tony's the first to leave. "Do you need a ride." I smirk. "Nope." I vamp speed towards stark Industries getting there in seconds.

I walk up to pepper just as I see a suit coming from the ground. I look over at it. "Look, I'd really like to talk. But I don't like you so." I grab pepper and put my arm under her back and legs. "Do you trust me?" She nods and I vamp speed about 3 miles away. "Stay here. It's not safe for you back there." She still looks frightened from what just happened. I vamp speed back over to stark Industries. "Hmm there not here." I look over at the highway. "Oh." I run over to them and run into Obadiah just as he's about to hit tony. "Madison. Where's pepper?" Obadiah comes running at me but I throw him down the highway with my telekinesis. "Safe." Obadiah shoots a rocket at me and I go flying back. He throws tony into a bus. "For 30 years I held you up." He holds tony above his head. "I built this company from nothing." He throws tony into a bus again and shoots a rocket at it. I stand up looking down at my waist seeing blood dripping down my leg. "Great." I look over and see Obadiah flying in the air. "Impressive you've upgraded your suit, I've made some improvements of my own." I don't know what to do. I can't fly. Well I can fly but only to a certain level. Pro of being able to control air. I see tony flying up higher. "What is he doing, the suit doesn't have enough power to bring him to maximum altitude." I see as Tony goes higher and higher until. Obadiah starts falling and then tony shortly follows. "Shit." I jump on top of the building he lands on and run over to him. I hear him talking to pepper but I don't pay interest to him as I turn around and block Obadiah's hit. "You've always been in my way. Stop being in my way!" He goes to hit me but I kick him back into the wall. He gets up and sends a rocket right at my chest, which sends me flying off the roof. I catch myself with my powers and fly back to the roof. Seeing stark loosing awfully. He sends flares out and hides behind an air duct. I go flying toward Obadiah sending him into the wall again. "You just don't give up do you?" I chuckle. "As an old pal of mine would like to say 'I can do this all day.'" He looks up at me and comes charging at me, I jump up and land on his back pulling out wires. "Whoops." He shakes me off of him and I land in a pose. Immediately cringing at myself. He goes to punch me but I catch his hand and throw him a few feet away from us. I run over to Tony. "Do you have a plan or am I just going to fight him until, I'm drained." "Distract him." I see him walk back over to me and he finally gets me to the ground. He begins punching me, I try and block as many as I can. He then grabs me by the neck and throws me across the roof. I spit out blood. I look up as he throws tony well. He opens up his suit. "I never had a taste for this sort of thing, but I must admit, I'm deeply enjoying the suit! You finally outdid yourself, tony, with your trusty sidekick! You'd have made your father proud! I look down and see pepper. She's going to make the reactor explode. Obadiah starts shooting at the glass breaking it beneath tony. "How ironic, tony! Trying to rid the world of weapons, you gave it its best one ever." "Pepper!" I stand up and hold my side in pain. "And now I'm going to kill you with it! You ripped out my targeting system." "Time to hit the button!" I look over at tony and he nods. "Not today Tony, not today. "Hold still you Little prick!" "Just do it pepper!" "You'll die." "No I won't. I have a plan." "Push it." I vamp speed over to stark and wrap my arms around him jumping off the building. In the doing I get blasted by the reactor but I still hold on to tony. Falling on my back I push him off Me. Coughing up blood I look over at tony. "You still want to be on my team." I chuckle and nod. "I'm not going anywhere tony."

A/N

Next chapter is the last chapter of this part. Then I'll be moving onto iron man 2. I am excited cause we get to see Natasha again. Yay!! Also double upload!

If you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting.

Thanks for reading <3