Chapter 14: Tease

Blood trickled down her cheeks and the side of her mouth as the  last of the demons slowly died and fell.

Her glorified golden shade of pupils and darkened whites stared down at the demon who was slowly evaporating from existence looking up at her with indication of fear, tears trickling down its eyes as he watched her.

And before it fully disappeared, she said her unkindly parting words. "Thank you for the meal." The blade on her hand remained unmoved while she wiped her mouth with her sleeve and sighed.

Giyuu was standing behind her and had witnessed quite the disturbing scene he never knew he'll see someone else do other from demons themselves.

"Are you full enough?" Giyuu asked, approaching the female and stood beside her.

"Well, not yet." She said, her eyes kept the ghoul form as she walked towards the corpse the demon was currently eating that time. "I suggest you don't watch it. It will ruin anyone's appetite." She warned Giyuu.

The girl sat beside the corpse, pressed her palms together to pray her respect and thanks before lifting one arm and opened her mouth to bite hard through the flesh and it tore off. The sound of its gruesome tearing of skin made him feel uncomfortable but he remained watching her.

His eyes twitches as he listened to the chewing and tearing and when she was done with eating the arm, what's left was the mangled body, almost unreconisable.

Standing up, she turned to look at Giyuu, a smile on her bloodied lips as she licked them. "Isn't this fun? You're joining with this dirty crime of mine." She said playfully, her eyes turning crescent.

She raised her hand and licked the blood flowing on her wrist, followed it up that exposed half of her neck out from the uniform as she swallowed the blood. The scene was making her all the more seductive with her actions.

"Are you done?" The water hashira decided to ask instead, shaking off the unpleasant thoughts in his head and ignoring her question.

"Okay." The clueless girl replied. She made her way towards him while he remained to stare making her stop as well and looked up at him questioningly. "What? Let's go."

Giyuu turned around and started walking off. Y/n did not bother questioning his attitude and simply followed happily. She was full! Who would have thought that they'd get to encounter a dead marechi along the way?! Now Y/n's strength added up some more.

The walk was still long but Y/n didn't complain anymore. On the next town where they'd be spending another rest, Giyuu made sure that today he will book two rooms.

However, unfortunately, that is quite an unlucky timing.

"Only one room is available today." The woman who owned the inn explained. "Because of the festival, many neighbouring townsfolks came here and booked so we are quite packed." The woman said.

Giyuu looked at Y/n and Y/n looked back at him.

"What?"

"We're going to use one room." He said.

"So? Aren't you used to it? We live in one house." She responded clueless of this man's worries. Didn't they share one room just yesterday? What difference will it make if they shared another one today?

"Oh." The lady seemed to have caught on to realisation. "I was worried that you two will have a hard sharing a room. I didn't realise you two were already married." She giggled.

Y/n paused while Giyuu stiffened. She looked at the woman surprised. "W-what?"

"Silly couples. Sharing room is normal. Even newly weds feel awkward at first, but you will get used to it eventually." She explained and handed over one key.