Chapter - 16

( Author's POV )

Taehee was busy cleaning and decorating the house. Today she will confess her love to Namjoon as she has a gut feeling that he feels the same. If the confession goes right she will start a new life with him. It'll be difficult but slowly and gradually she will open up everything about her to him. It was around evening when Namjoon returned home in a 'not much to look at' appearance, 2 buttons of shirt were open, coat in his hand, messy hair and a downhearted face. Taehee become delighted with his home coming.

"Welcome home Namjoon. Water?"

Taehee asked him but he just nodded yes. She turned to the table.

"So, how was your day?" She asked

"Mine was good. How was yours Taehee...."

*glass break*

She stood there lifeless, like earth slipped from her feet. She turned slowly to face him. With an emotion less face he was standing there. Her eyes become widen by listening her real name.

If he found out my name, he must have found out everything about me.

The look on her face, the broken pieces of glass confirms that Yoongi was right. There are always 3 sides of a story: his side, her side, and the truth. But Namjoon was only looking at the side Yoongi showed him. Although he was also not wrong but the scene made Taehee wrong.

Namjoon then folded his arms and asked her,

"You must have been bored by being home all the day, isn't it? Why don't you visit your family some day. Oh by the way you never told me about yourself, hmm?" He said in a casual tone but she knows nothing is casual now.

She didn't utter a single word, just standing there looking at his face, horrified.

"So how many people are there in your family??"  He asked but still no response.

"Taehee ? "

No response again

"TAEHEE!!" He raised his voice a little

She became startled then stammered her answer

"Umm.... only my dad and me"

" Okay. So what does your father do ??" This casual tone is killing her second by second.

He put his finger on his chin like he's thinking something

"Umm, let me guess, a teacher?"

No response

"Or a business man?"

No response

"Or a Don "

Blood left her body. No word was coming on her tongue. Now Namjoon was looking at her with questionable look. Namjoon was no longer taking any of her now.

"Lie, everything was a lie. I trusted you but what did I do to deserve this"

He was now holding her close, clutching her shoulders tightly. Eyes pooling with tears of broken heart. She too can't resist shedding tears.

"Namjoon I was about to tell you the truth, trust me"

"Trust?? Trust, and that too on you. Trust my foot"

" No Namjoon, please believe me. It was difficult for me to open up about myself but I was about to tell you "

He didn't said anything which was a clue for her to continue.