i

The first time he saw Jimin, it was as though he'd been sleeping for so long in an eighteen-year dark night, as though he'd finally opened his eyes and looked.  Because after laying eyes on him, everything seemed to appear to him in shades of yellow for a good couple of days.

There are those who say that love happens at first sight, some who say it grows slowly but surely.

But being the hopeless romantic that he is, Jungkook has his own theory. The first glance offers only what is outside, of course. And you can develop an infatuation with someone after just seeing them once. But people don't fall for every beautiful person they see, do they?

According to his ponderings, there's one person for each, who may seem merely good-looking to the world; but is enchantingly gorgeous to their special someone.

So, needless to say, as a young man who savored the little joys life had to offer to him, their first interaction was quite simple. But for Jungkook, it was enlightening.

He was minding his own business, grabbing his books from his locker and slamming the door shut in his haste. He was going to be late  if he didn't make a run for it-

He gasped as he felt another body collide with his. Usually, he'd be mortified to have created such a scene in the hallway and it was just so embarrassing to have to apologize in front of everybody. 

So, in his panicky I'm-late-for-class frenzy, he did what he did best. 

He word-vomited.

"I, uh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. My class is one the other side of the building and I-"

"Please, it's alright."

Jungkook finally looked at the person he'd rammed into properly. That's a new face. Dark hair, tanned skin and deep brown eyes.

And as he met the boy's gaze, he could've sworn he felt every muscle in his body relax. Those eyes were so warm and forgiving, it eased his nerves right away. 

Unable to bear the sweet intensity, he peeled his sight from the boy's eyes and took the rest of him in. Slight of build, dressed in a soft-looking blue sweater and stone-washed jeans. He brought his eyes back up to his face, moving up as he noticed the plump lips and button nose and then his eyes again.

What was he late for again? Oh, yeah, his class. 

Damn, his class!

The boy probably saw the panic recur in his eyes as he moved out of his way. "Sorry, you must be in a hurry," he said, voice just as gentle as his gaze.

Jungkook nodded dumbly, not knowing what else to say. "Er, right. I'll go now."

He willed his feet to move in the direction of his class, wondering why his heart was suddenly filled with sadness. His pace quickened as he regained himself and just as he was about to turn towards the corridor at his right, he heard the boy's voice.

"Excuse me? Hey!" 

Jungkook turned around, puzzled. He was sure he hadn't dropped anything. "Yes?" 

The boy offered a timid smile. "I'm Jimin, by the way."

"J-Jungkook," he stammered. Then, mentally chiding himself for being so socially awkward, he said again, "My name's Jungkook."

He didn't wait to see the other's reaction, face already burning from enough embarrassment as the few kids in the hallway looked at him funny, having seen the exchange.

Yet, it seemed as though he was in a bubble. The stares he usually got from his fellow students, courtesy to his popularity due to being the ace player of the football team, didn't seem to make him uncomfortable that much. His teacher yelling at him for being late didn't annoy him as it probably would have.

Deep in his heart, he knew what was happening. He was, for the first time in his life, truly enchanted. And the reason behind it was his newly discovered 'meant-to-be,' Jimin.

 ***

Step one was always to impress the one you were sure to spend the rest of your life with, according to the very reliable sources he had referred to (aka the anime series he watched at night in the shelter of his blanket.)

But first he had to find a way to talk to Jimin, to get to know him so that he wouldn't come off as a player who asked out whatever breathed and walked on two legs at first sight. 

Jungkook decided to casually question his best friend, Taehyung , who somehow knew almost everything about everyone who attended their school.

As he dried his hair that were still wet from his shower, he turned to Taehyung, who was tugging his sweaty jersey off of his chest.

"Hey, Tae," said Jungkook, trying to keep his voice neutral.

Taehyung's eyes peeked out as the shirt slid over his head. "Yeah?"

Jungkook averted his gaze, feigning that he was massaging his fingers and not actually trying to hide his intentions. "Do you know any Jimin?"

"Jimin?" asked Taehyung, eyeing him confusedly. "Yeah, he's the new student."

"Oh," murmured Jungkook, turning to his own locker as he wondered how to carry on with his mission. 

"Why do you ask, Kook?"  He felt a weight on his shoulder as Taehyung put an arm around him.  "Have you met him?"

"Well, yeah, I bumped into him the other day," said Jungkook. "I was just curious about who he was."

"He's a Junior, like us and in my Spanish class," Taehyung added, moving towards his locker. "Pretty hot, if you ask me, but I've already got Yoongi."

Jungkook frowned as he felt a pang of anger in his chest. He didn't want others, even his best friend who was happily in a three-year long relationship, to look at Jimin. 

"Have you spoken to Jimin?" he inquired, trying to sound nonchalant. 

"Yep. He's from Busan and is here to spend some time with his grandmother," Taehyung answered. Then, he examined Jungkook a bit skeptically, a smirk working its way over his lips. "You barely remember the names of that dramas I tell you about, even though I've talked your ears off about them, and you're telling me you know Jimin's name despite only meeting him once?"

"So you do admit that you talk my ears off?"

"Don't play coy, Kookie. I know you're dodging my question."

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "Fine, I was just mildly intrigued."

"Mildly, you say?"

He turns to glare at his best friend. "Yes. Practically infinitesimally."

Taehyung's smug grin widens. "So you're not thinking of him when you watch those sappy cartoons late at night?"

"Kim Taehyung, how do you know that?" he screeches at Taehyung, who has his towel slung over one shoulder and a bottle of shower gel in his hands as he makes his way to the cubicles at the back of the locker room. "Are you stalking me?" he yells at his retreating back pointlessly. 

_____________________

Hi!

I'm back with a new ff! Please give it a shot! And stay safe and healthy.

Love,

YourHappyPlace

_____________________