scared?

Another jump scare, loud screaming, it started sounding distant and instead I heard my own screaming, the movie faded into the night I ran away from home. Blood was dripping from my side, I can't breathe, there isn't enough air, my head is pounding.

----------

I looked over to see Kaylee looking petrified, I nudged her and said "Scared?" playfully teasing her, then realized she was scared, but not at the movie, she had a vacant look in her eyes, which were brimming with tears, she was grasping at her chest, like she couldn't breathe. I recognized this scene, she was having a panic attack, I gently laid a hand on her arm but she didn't respond, I needed to get her somewhere quiet, quickly.

I lightly grabbed her arm and she quietly followed me, clearly still focused in on whatever she was seeing. I led her to a hallway that held nothing but an emergency exit, so no one was down there. I sat her down against a wall and grabbed her hand, I squeezed it and her eyes snapped open. Her hands flew to her side and her tears started to flow freely.

"Hey, Kaylee, It's okay, you're safe, he can't hurt you here, It's just us." I soothed.

She reached out slowly, her hands finding my hoodie and grabbing it.

"Just breathe with me," I evened my breathing out to make it deeper, "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0," I counted slowly backwards and she joined in, by the time we got to zero her breathing had slowed and evened out and she wasn't crying anymore.

"Better?" I asked, she nodded. I moved to sit next to her and she put her head on my shoulder. "Do you want to go back and watch or just stay here?" I asked.

"Could we stay here, at least for a bit." She said. "I'm exhausted," she sighed.

"Yeah adrenaline rushes can do that to you, my sister always went to sleep after her panic attacks." I looked over and saw that her eyes were already fluttering open and shut, like she was trying to fight sleep, but eventually it won and her eyes stayed closed. I texted Wilbur and told him that we would be out in the car and he sent a thumbs up emoji, awful rude of him, texting during a movie.

I put one of my arms under her knees and the other behind her back and scooped her up bridal style, she was surprisingly light and I carried her out to the car, laying her across the three seats in the back. I sat farther up in the car but turned around to look at her. She still had tear stains on her cheeks and she looked a little disheveled but she was pretty nonetheless. I reached back and brushed a strand of hair out of her face before I realized what I was doing and quickly turned away.

I played on my phone until the car doors opened and everyone started to pile in, I shook Kay and she slowly woke up and sat up. I sat next to her and let her lay her head on my shoulder. I blushed a bit and turned to look out the windshield in front of me.

When we got home, I helped Kaylee out of the car and into her room, she was out immediately and I went into my own room, only to find Tubbo sitting on my bed.

"What's up Tubzo?" I said sitting on the chair across the room.

"So... you and Kaylee? huh?" He said waggling his eyebrows.

"What?!? NO! We are just friends, Tubbo." 

"Okay then Tommy, if you're sure, although I have a picture that says otherwise." he says pulling out his phone and turning it towards me. It was me and Kay, sleeping the night before, me holding her tightly. I immediately turned crimson red.

"Tubbo! That's nothing, we just fell asleep talking. There is nothing going on there." He sighed deeply.

"Ok buddy." He said, getting up and leaving.

I sat down where he had been, thinking about what he had said. Did I like Kaylee as more than just a friend? No way, that's silly, she was just a good friend. But friends don't hold each other the way we do, do they? No, I don't like her, there's just no way, we are just friends. A voice in the back of my head said you keep telling yourself that. But I forced it away, shaking my head as though I could physically rid myself of the voice.

I changed clothes and laid down on my bed, not even getting under the covers, just laying there staring at the ceiling until I finally let myself get some rest.

------------

I woke up in my own room, which was weird considering I was pretty sure I had fallen asleep in the hallway of the cinema with Tommy. Oh god, Oh no, I had a panic attack in front of everyone, I wonder who else noticed me, I had to talk to Tommy.

I quickly got out of bed and walked down the hall to Tommy's room. In my stroke of genius I forgot to knock and opened the door. Tommy was standing there shirtless, clearly in the middle of changing. I turned bright red but still walked into the room. He turned around to see who had opened the door he turned almost as bright red as I had.