Chapter 6

Summary:

The fight with Stain continues. Thankfully, Kuro isn't alone in his fight. Can two familiar faces turn the tide?

Notes:

Disclaimer: Don't own BNHA or any of its characters.

Hey! Back with a new chapter and right before the new year! Sorry for taking so long. I've been busy with work and the holidays and finally found the time to finish this chapter. Thank you so much for the lovely support you all have given me. It's great to read the lovely comments and see what people write in the bookmarks. Also wow, so many kudos?!?! You guys are great! Shoutout to my beta memequeen and all the lovely folks on my discord.

I hope you enjoy the newest chapter!

It's one of the few instances Kuro is glad no one can see his face, for it would certainly be paler than milk at this moment. He forces himself to breathe steadily, a difficult task when his heart rate is going a mile a minute. In an effort to protect the student and himself, the young warper switches into a defensive stance. The gates he created moments earlier won't last for long. He can hear the blood pumping in his ears, wildly spiking as he takes in the situation.

It doesn't take him long to form an answer; this is the worst-case scenario he could have imagined happening.

His training with Kurogiri and Shigaraki has given him the skills to defend. The problem lay in his attack: Warpgate isn't meant for close-quarters combat. The alleyway is by no means spacious either. He remembers enough about Stain's fight in the bar to know that not even Kurogiri could form a portal fast enough to keep up with the Hero Killer's immense speed. Additionally, his ability to wield a knife pales in comparison to the opponent in front of him. He doubts his Campos would make a good enough shield in this scenario. Distance would be a must here. Problem is, he can't really move away with the U.A. student on the ground next to him lest he sacrifices the boy.

Inwardly, he berates himself for not choosing another means of attack. He should have warped the injured hero closer, or done another surprise attack like the one at the bar, not gone head to head with the skilled fanatic.

His grip tightens around the knife. It is a good thing he's no stranger to fear. Perhaps, if he's lucky, the adrenaline boost will let him survive the fight.

The Hero Killer's lips stretch unnaturally wide.

He gulped. Big if there.

"You've got guts, kid. I'll give you that," Stain says in an offhand tone, eyes never straying from his target on the ground.

Kuro backed up, the side of his foot hitting against the prone form of Stain's latest victim. He casts a quick glance downwards. Dark blue hair and square features are all he registers, not willing to keep his gaze off Stain for longer than a second.

The young hero's voice strains, "You need to run. I'm useless. I-I can't move my body. He cut me. I think it's his Quirk."

Which means they have an unknown period of time before the U.A. student can move again.

"Let me guess," Stain drawls, switching the sword and dagger in his hands. "Shigaraki sent you. I figured as much." The Hero Killer's haunting smile shifts into a ghastly sneer. His manic eyes speak of growing bloodlust at Kuro stepping in between him and the boy on the floor.

The body on the ground tenses. "Shigaraki? You're with the League?"

The warper freezes. Now, isn't that a loaded question. Of all the times he wishes he could talk, now would be somewhere in the top three at least. Kuro scratches his head, shoulders shrugging along the way because it isn't like he could say anything right now. Knife still at the ready in case Stain decides to strike (a likelihood that is growing by the minute now), he frantically searches for his cell phone. He discovers it in his right pocket, to his great relief. Using his notebook and pen to communicate would put him at an even greater disadvantage.