Chapter 5

Summary:

Bakugou gets caught up in Hosu. Thankfully, he runs into an old friend. Meanwhile, Kuro is tasked with a dangerous mission.

Notes:

Disclaimer: Don't own BNHA or any of its characters.

Hey! Back with a new chapter! Big thanks to Memequeen for helping me with the writing. You're an awesome friend and beta. Also shoutout to everyone who has given me support via kudos, bookmarks and comments! Like, wow. I am still amazed so many of you like my writing and art and I deeply appreciate your support. Shoutout to my discord as well. You guys are fantastic and always inspire me with your unique ideas and artworks.

Chapter 5

While the train car softly sways Katsuki Bakugou shifts his gaze to the window for what feels like the fiftieth damn time today. Others might find moments of quiet free time to be a reprieve; Bakugou finds them suffocating, especially now.

The sun passed over the horizon half an hour ago but the teen's body still buzzes with energy. His muscles twitch, fists clenching tightly around his pants as he gears himself up for some real fucking hero work. Though sore from his third day of training with the fucking geezer, he is oddly invigorated; a rare sensation considering the sleepless nights he has. The nightmares are more manageable than normal this week. Well, more or less. Passing out from training exhaustion certainly isn't ideal.

Bakugou taps his forefinger and thumb against the train's window, the words spilling out as eagerness takes hold, "How much longer until we get to Shinjuku?"

His focus switches between his phone and the train's map. Why did minutes take so long to pass? His brows furrow deeper as his irritation rises.

"Eager are we?" Gran Torino chuckles. His fingers drum the armchairs, feet kicking out playfully like a toddler instead of the midget-ass-old-raisen he is. His little pretend to be senile game may have gotten them free tickets aboard but Bakugou is nearing his limits.

He slumps in his seat and sighs, "Shut up, old man."

The curt answer earns the young hero a solid hit to the side. As Bakugou gasps for air, the old fart has the gall to smirk. "Feisty, today. Good. You'll need that."

"I'll kill you," he growls.

The man's smirk takes on a sharp edge. "I'd like to see you try."

His lips pull back into a snarl. The fossil is goading him again. He unclenches his fists as he realizes the futility. Gran Torino looks unfazed by most things. Unlike his classmates, his threats have no effect on the bastard. Try as Bakugou might to strike back with jeers and taunts, the bastard throws it right back at him, twice as hard and twice as brutal.

There's another reason as well, his mind reminds, much to his displeasure. Although he would never openly admit it, the hero is oddly refreshing in comparison to the other adults he's had to tolerate.

Seeing no reason to continue with this line of conversation, Bakugou swiftly changes the subject with an obvious remark that makes him want to kick himself afterward, "It's late."

Of course, it's fucking late. The watch on his phone already shows it's pushing past the time he's normally in bed. Decent sleep or not, relaxation has a significant effect on his pores.

"Exactly." The man's eyes grow wide, nose scrunching up to compliment the glee on his face, deepening his wrinkles. "The later it is, the more skirmishes we'll find. Much more fun."

Bakugou cannot help but match the man's expression. Dark enthusiasm infects the teen. Bakugou adjusts his bracers, thinking of all the new moves he's developed these past few days. "I like the way you think, old fart."