Reliving the past

"55th district court, how may I direct your call?

"Judge Samuel Kingston's office, please."

"Hold on a minute, sweets." I was put on hold for a few minutes.

"Judge Kingston's office."

"Hi, this is Special Agent Cassidy Monteiro."

"Hello, Special Agent Monteiro. How can I help you?"

"I need a meeting with the Judge."

"His calendar is free for 15 minutes at 4:30 PM this afternoon."

"Perfect."

"Okay, see you then."

"Bye." The line disconnected. "We have a fifteen-minute meeting with him at 4:30 this afternoon. Think we can draft up a search warrant in that amount of time?"

"Yes, I think we can. Are you ready to head back?"

"Yeah." We walked side-by-side back to the police station.

"I'm sorry, Cassidy," Prentiss said as soon as she saw me.

"Roadblocks happen. Now, let's get the search warrant drafted up so I can have something to get Sam something to sign." I got out my phone.

"Office of Unfettered Omniscience. Penelope Garcia is in. Speak, oh fortunate one."

"Hey, Garcia. I need a favor. Can you look into the Nonaday family's financial records?"

"Which ones?"

"Conner, Lachlan, their spouses, significant others. Anybody close to them. The store too."

"Okay, I'll get it and send you the deets."

"You're awesome. Bye."

"I'm curious."

"If my father has any part in this, you can bet there's a money trail. He has always been sloppy in that regard. And where there's a trail, she can find it." She called back.

"Hey, I didn't..."

"It's not about that." She interrupted. "Are you alone?"

"No."

"Get somewhere where you can be alone."

"Yes, Ma'am." I walked into the bathroom, turned on the faucet, and locked the door. "Is something wrong?"

"There's something fishy going on here and I don't like it."

"The whole thing is fishy. Abel getting murdered, Noah being taken, the book,"

"You didn't tell me about a book."

"Yeah. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. My dad used to read it to my brother and me at bedtime."

"Okay, so I got the financial records."

"And?"

"There's a repeating monthly transfer for 10 grand into Conner and his wife's joint account."

"From who?"

"I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'm tracing it as we speak and it's bouncing all over the place, 13, no 15 countries, and counting. Hold on."

"It's stopped?"

"Yeah."

"It's here isn't it? The transaction is coming from here."

"Yeah."

"Do you know the name on the account?"

"Yes. Steven Robert Lusonssio. Sending you the deets now.