𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

15 | Taylor.

Months had passed and winter turned to spring then early summer. The snow melted, rain fell, and the Iowa humidity soon returned.

Summer has always been my favorite. There were just so many more things to do. Not that there was all that much to do in Des Moines anyway. But summertime always brought about more commotion. And that was something Sid and I absolutely loved.

But as those months passed, Lila became more distant. She was less keen on going on the long drives I knew she loved, cooking together, and playing music. Something was up and I had no clue how to figure out what it was.

As each day passed the less she would tell me how she was feeling. I couldn't even help her since she'd push me away. Some nights she'd just leave and be gone for two days straight. It worried me and Sid sick.

So we let her go, we let her have her space. My attempts to get through to her were futile. But that didn't stop me from trying. I kept letting her know that I was here for her. That I cared.

But I didn't know if she cared.

Regardless, we kept trying. Trying to get through to her. Trying to let her know that she could talk to us like she used to.

"Lila! Honey come on... Talk to me." I say as I sit down on the bed we now share.

"There's nothing to say Corey. I'm fine." She grumbles.

"Obviously that's a lie."

"So what if it is?!" She snaps back as she stands up.

"I want you to talk to me! I want to help you so you don't feel like this!" I stand with her, reaching for her hand.

"Don't touch me."

The fire in her voice scares me. She hasn't been like this in a long time.

"I'm going through some shit Corey. You wouldn't understand so I'm not going to make you try and understand. Now let me work it out on my own. This is a me thing. I gotta handle it by myself." She spits before walking out of the room.

I watch her walk down the hallway and towards the kitchen.

I don't go after her.

If this is a 'her' thing then obviously she doesn't want my help. I gotta let her handle it.

She's no idiot. She can handle herself and her problems. That's what she had been doing before I came along. She didn't need anyone's help and it seems she's reverting back to that mindset. I don't blame her. We both have a hefty amount of pride and it certainly hurts to ask for help.

If she needs me then I'll be here for her. Until then I'll give her all the unconditional love I can.