Chapter 3

A/N: This chapter and the following chapters may have multiple POVs

Depa's perspective

"PIZZA!!!" The younglings could be heard screeching as they dashed into the dining table where Kendall set a flat box of a material Depa had never seen. She then laid out plates made of the same mysterious material- 9 in total.

"I call dibs on the first slice!" The boy, who Kendall called Petey, bounded over

"No, me!" The girl, Penny, shoved him aside.

Depa caught Kendall's look of, Here it goes again... making her wonder how often she dealt with these matters.

"If you two don't stand down and wait patiently, the first slices can go to the big kids." She said sternly as the padawans walked in.

"Smells good in here!" Leda remarked as Kendall dished out the slices. "Is that pizza?"

Kendall nodded. "It's one of the things these two often fight over."

"I can see why," Kal remarked, taking a bite. 

"Tastes good!" Caleb and Leda exclaimed simultaneously.

Depa decided to try it as well. She picked up the triangular piece of bread topped with cheese and a variety of vegetables and what was apparently called pepperoni and sausage. It was a bit greasy, but she managed to sample a bit of it.  

"Oh, my..." she couldn't help but murmur. 

Good was an understatement. Depa finished it in less than a minute. It was like nothing she had ever tasted in all her days. 

"Hey!" Penny whined as Petey could be seen exchanging a green pepper for a brown sausage on her slice. "No fair! I have more veggies than you, you know!"

"I'm trading you something to help you get enough-" Petey began to retort before Kendall cut him off.

"You can't trade toppings without the other person's consent," She reminded him.

"They her kids?" Grey asked Kal.

"No clue," Kal replied. 

"I heard that!" Penny put her hands on her hips and shot the clones a look. 

Kal shrugged. "Isn't she?"

Both younglings looked horrified at the prospect. 

"She's not our mommy, she's our sister!" Penny corrected him. "Our parents are at work!"

"Oh." Kal said. 

Caleb looked around nervously, and Depa could tell he wasn't exactly expecting 2 more adults who wouldn't likely be happy with strangers taking refuge in the house with them. She turned to Penny. "And when do they usually come back?"

"Around 8:30 pm in the evening at the earliest," she promptly responded. "Sometimes if they get a day off they come at around 5:00 in the afternoon. Where are you planning to hide when they're here?"

Leda's perspective

"We don't have to hide, do we?" Leda asked her master. She didn't think there were sufficient hiding places here, except maybe the treehouse. 

"Hmm..." Kendall mused. "I could pass off Master Billaba, Grey, Kal, and Delara as my study partners from the local university."

Caleb looked over. "But my master's nearly the same age as Master Kenobi."

"There are some people in their 30s who go to college," Kendall said. "It is possible."

"Ok, good point," Caleb acknowledged. 

"What about us?" Leda asked. "We're kids, and we can't exactly say we were hired as babysitters."

"You could hide in the treehouse," Petey piped in.

"Or the shed," Penny added. Leda did not want to hide in the shed. Caleb could hide in the shed. Not her. 

"Is there anywhere else we could go to?" She asked. 

"Well, at my age I can move out, but with Eli and these 2 to take care of while our parents are away at work..." Kendall sighed. "I don't think there's any other way at the moment. Unless I hire a babysitter in advance."

Leda felt Caleb's gaze on her, and she stared straight into his eyes as they silently debated over who would get the shed. 

You take the shed, Caleb seemed to be saying.

No. Leda telepathically shot back. You. 

No, you. Caleb crossed his arms. 

And it went like that until basically they were finished with their pizza. Leda put her plate on the counter before heading out to the backyard. She went over to the small shed behind the tree and took a look inside, only to find that it wasn't as bad as she thought.

 She went over to the small shed behind the tree and took a look inside, only to find that it wasn't as bad as she thought

Leda sensed Caleb coming over before she heard the grass rustle with his footsteps. She turned to face him. "Still think I should get the shed?"

"Eh," Caleb shrugged. "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Ok, maybe we'll share if we have to."

Leda opened her mouth to say something before Kendall came over.

"Good news- I got a call and it turns out you all are safe for now. My parents are working overnight for a week," she announced.

"What do they do for a living?" Leda asked suddenly. 

"NASA. They help make advancements in space exploration and travel. NASA is the company."

Leda pondered this. "Maybe we don't have to hide after all."

"What do you mean?" Caleb asked. 

She ignored him and turned to Kendall. "Master, do you think these people can help us?"