Chapter 7

Kendall's perspective

(5 minutes earlier)

"Leda, just because I set everyone's devices up after we paid doesn't mean you can go crazy on Snapchat the second it's finished!" Kendall snapped from the driver's seat. They were heading back home, and Leda seemed to be completely engaged in the messaging app.

"But master, I'm almost finished customizing my bitmoji!" Her padawan complained before sticking her nose into her phone again.

Oh, boy. Now that would take a while, especially when someone never knew about Snapchat, or a cell phone for that matter.

Caleb, meanwhile, sat next to her, watching what sounded like either a TikTok or Youtube video. Kendall hoped it was Youtube, because she had made sure to restrict TikTok from Caleb and Leda's phones, and it wouldn't be very pleasant to hear that either one had found a way around the restrictions.

"Give her a break, Kendall," Depa said, looking over from the front passenger seat. "She just got it."

Kendall sighed softly. She was right. But at Leda's age one could be very susceptible to phone addiction, so Kendall had put a load of restrictions on the padawans' devices so they couldn't access Wi-Fi from 10:00 pm-7:30 am, had downtime on all apps during those hours, and couldn't download certain apps, such as Tiktok or Tinder.

And yet she was as strict on phone usage as Master Windu was on the Jedi Code. Actually, take a peg down to Master Yoda. But still, Kendall knew she could lighten up.

Pressing the garage door button on the front blinds, she closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again to park her mini van on the left, then unlocked the doors so everyone could disembark.

Leda hopped off first after slipping her phone in her front pocket, then everyone else followed. Kendall was last, and the one to close the garage door afterwards. As she stepped over the threshold, her phone buzzed once, twice, thrice, then once more. She pulled it out and saw the messages-

Group Chat 1

Leda: Hii 😃

Caleb: Hi

Leda: Wow, we seem very cool with each other

Caleb: Wow

Kendall chuckled. For once, those two weren't squabbling over any small matters. But then again, did they have a reason to?

She sent her own text into the group chat-

Kendall: ok, don't spam the chat and all's good. 👌

Kendall had plenty of experience of her own friends spamming their hangouts chatroom in high school just for the fun of it.

She should have considered that neither one knew what the word 'spam' meant, because Leda sent a ? into the chat box.

Kendall: Just don't overload the chat box with messages.

Leda: Ahh, gotcha.

Depa: Why would they do that?

Kendall: Precautions, master. And speaking of precautions...

Leda: Oh, boy TvT

Kendall: Mmhm. Here are some phone usage guidelines, padawans~

1. Minimize activity outside of communication purposes

2. Charge it nightly so the battery doesn't die when you need it