Permission

After you and Thor were able to shower, you laid on the bed beside him.

"Thor?"

"Yes?" He questioned as he rolled into his side to face you.

"Do you think there's something you could do to end all of this?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to lose Rhodey or Tony because of these accords," you admitted. "I don't agree with the accords and I will stick by Steve's side because of that. But I don't have any other family."

Thor sighed. He wished he could make everything stop and go back to normal but he knew he couldn't.

"One hundred and seventeen is a lot of nations," Thor muttered, causing you to look down.

"I don't want everything to fall apart. Everything just started to fall back into place."

"I have one idea," Thor replied, raising your chin to look at him.

"What is that?"

"Come with me to Asgard. Don't entertain this disagreement. Keep your mind on something else."

"Are you serious?" You questioned, your eyes widening in shock.

"What about your parents? And your brother?"

"Despite what my father has said, he really did like you. And my mother couldn't stop talking about you after your last visit," Thor replied with an encouraging smile.

"Let's do it," you replied with a smile. "Let's go to Asgard!"

"I want to talk to Rhodey about it, please," Thor begged.

"I don't even know where he is. He could be in DC but for all I know, he's somewhere with Tony."

"Can't you just call him?"

"You didn't hear our last conversation," you laughed breathily. "It didn't go well."

"Then give me your phone and I will call him."

You sighed before rolling over and grabbing your phone before handing it to the God.

You watched Thor look for Rhodey's name before calling. You listened to the one sided conversation, curious as to what Rhodey was saying and before long, he got off of the phone and started to get dressed.

"Well?" You questioned.

"I'll be back, I promise," Thor said as he pulled his shirt over his head.

The God grabbed mjolnir and jogged outside before disappearing into the darkening sky.

Thor landed, finding himself on the balcony of Rhodey's apartment. The God knocked and Rhodey answered, using his head to gesture to Thor to come inside.

"Make yourself at home," Rhodey said with a small smile.

"Thank you," Thor muttered as he sat on one of the oversized armchairs.

"What can I help you with, Thor?" Rhodey questioned as he sat on the couch.

"Y/N has agreed that rather than take sides on this ordeal with the United Nations, that she would like to come back to Asgard with me."

"And that was her idea?"

"Sort of," Thor admitted. "We came to the decision together."

"This is about more than her just moving to Asgard, isn't it?"

"She doesn't know that," Thor admitted.

"Then if that's the endgame in all of this then let me tell you a few things that you probably don't know about Y/N."

"Yes, please do tell me."

"Well first of all, she wouldn't have ever agreed to go if she didn't love you with her whole heart so remember that if you ever think about hurting," Rhodey said. "She loves taking pictures and spending time with good people, too."

"Noted," Thor replied, waiting to hear more.

"She likes to have her hair played with. Alyssa always used to do that," Rhodey added. "And if she feels uncomfortable, she just needs a little bit of reassurance to get her back on track."

"I do have one question for you," Thor said, swallowing hard.

"What is it?"

"When the time comes, do I have your permission to ask Y/N to marry me?" Thor questioned, his jaw tight with anxiety.

"I thought that's why we were having this conversation," Rhodey replied with a chuckle. "Yes, you do."

"Thank you."

"Let me tell you a little more about her then," Rhodey said with a small smile. "Things you'd never otherwise know."

Thor nodded, taking in everything that Rhodey had to say and they spent several hours talking. As Thor walked out to the balcony to leave, Rhodey called after him.

"Thor, that's my little girl. I've done everything in my power to give her the best life I could. She's a strong person but I've seen her break. We all have. Take care of her."

Thor smiled small and gave a single nod before spinning mjolnir and taking back off for the compound.

Once he was back, he went inside and found you fast asleep in his bed with your phone in your hand. Thor couldn't help but chuckle as he took your phone and set it on the nightstand before making sure you were covered.

Once he had made sure you were comfortable, he changed and crawled into bed beside you.

"Thor?" You muttered, half asleep.

"Shh, get some sleep," he said before placing a kiss on your forehead. "I love you, Y/N. I will until the day that I die."

You smiled sleepily before snuggling against Thor's chiseled body and falling back asleep in his arms.