pool party! part 1

It's just another typical day at hotel Oj with nothing to do, just me and Cheesy chilling in our room. I'm doing crunches on the floor and Cheesy seems to have a notebook filled with puns out writing whatever comes to mind. He's laying on his bed, swinging his legs and chewing the cap of his pen when suddenly the steady flow of air coming out of the air ducts stops. I take this opportunity to finish up my set and take a break on the floor. It's about five minutes later when we hear shouting from two doors down coming from Oj.
"Attention everyone, the air conditioning has gone out, we are going to have to wait about five hours for a repair guy to show up so just try to stay as cool as you can!"
As soon as he says that we hear Salt and Pepper shout "POOL PARTY!" and see their blurry image in the doorway as they sprint out of their room.
A pool party? It's better than dying of heat stroke I guess.
"You going to the pool party?" Cheesy asks me from across the room while giving me a questioning look.
"I was planning to, but why do you give a shit?"
"I don't!" he tries to act like he doesn't care but he obviously does. "I'm sure it'll be a fin-tastic time!" he knee slaps briefly before snatching his sunglasses off of his dresser and sprinting out of the room.
"HEY, JUST WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU LITTLE SHIT?!?!" I shout at him as I grab two towels (since he forgot his like a dumbass), my sun reflector, my camera, and some really good smelling lotion before following in his footsteps.
As I'm trying to catch up to him I ponder how much time Cheesy has spent with me lately, and it's actually a concerning amount.
We used to only hang out in our shared room but lately he's been following me around nonstop! I mean, we brush our teeth together in the morning, we eat breakfast on the couch while watching John Mulaney (I don't like John Mulaney but Cheesy really thinks that guy is the best thing since sliced bread so I tolerate it) and we even eat lunch and dinner together on the roof of the hotel! Before me and Cheesy did all of this shit together I would eat lunch and dinner in the dining hall with everyone (except Balloon for obvious reasons), but now we consider it to be "quality bro time."
I know how gay that sounds, but ditching those chumps at the dinner table is SO worth it, and watching the sun set on the roof is pretty calming to me.
At night, Cheesy puts on some sports comedy movies so that we can both enjoy something. We scoot our beds together (NOT IN A GAY WAY, WE BOTH NEED TO SEE THE TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM) and share a bag of popcorn. Last night we watched The Waterboy: starring Adam Sandler and I have to admit, it was kind of funny to me, I chuckled a bit. During movie nights Cheesy glances at me every time they make a joke, trying to find out if I'm liking the movie or not and looks away when I try to catch him in the act. It's pretty cute of him to care so much about me- I MEAN MANLY NOT CUTE!! IM NOT GAY! A MAN CAN APPRECIATE ANOTHER MANS EFFORTS TO MAKE HIM HAPPY!!! But bottom line is, we've gotten pretty close the last few days...
My run has dissipated and has slowed to a light jog.
I'm starting to realize that maybe IM the one following HIM around.
"FUCK!" I say out loud, frustrated and out of breath. Cheesy turns around to face me and has a surprised look plastered on this face.
"Trophy? Sorry buddy I didn't realize you were behind me all this time, I just thought you weren't coming!" He walks over to me and I put all of my things down to catch my breath.
"WH- I TOLD YOU I WAS!"
"Well yeah but usually objects don't follow through and decide to ditch me... heh..." He looks down at the ground and clutches his sunglasses. I look at him in disbelief. I mean, he's an annoying little twerp and all but he doesn't deserve to be ditched all the time! "Sorry I was a bit of a wet noodle just now" he knee slaps and continues "but I'm just glad you're still my friend after all this time!"
I can't stifle it anymore, we look at eachother for a brief second before I go in to hug him. It lasts for about a second (any longer and it would be considered gay) and I try my best to convey though the hug that even though he's a dumbass he doesn't deserve to be lonely.
"Don't tell anyone I did that. Don't even mention it. This was a BRO THING. now take your towel and lets head to the pool already!"
He looks at me stunned as I pick up his towel and push it into his hands. I pick the rest of my things off of the floor and begin to make my way towards the pool again, we aren't very far away now.
"I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!" he says sarcastically behind me.
"DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!?!?"
"you should shut me up, with a kiss preferably-"
"WHAT DID YOU SAY???"
"NOTHING IMPORTANT!"