A conversation on the rooftop

I wake up to the sun shining directly in my eyes.
and.... to Cheesy laying on my arm fast asleep.
NOW I KNOW WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE! ITS NOT GAY OKAY? We were watching this stupid movie about talking bees that go to court last night and Cheesy fell asleep on top of my arm. As you know, we push our beds together (TO SEE THE TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM, NOT FOR ANY GAY REASON) during movie nights, and after the movie ends we normally disconnect the beds and go to sleep separately, but, I just couldn't wake him okay???? He looks too cu- I MEAN- LESS ANNOYING AND DUMB WHEN HE'S ASLEEP!
I check the alarm a few feet away from our beds to find out it's actually 9AM.
IT'S 9 AM!?!?
HELL.
NO.
I WAKE UP AT EXACTLY 6:30 AM EVERY MORNING TO GET MY GAINS IN!
UGH!
Ever since I've been with Cheesy I just haven't been myself! I gotta get moving and to the Hotel gym, but first I have to move my arm. I hate to wake him up- wait, no I don't, what am I SAYING??? I DON'T CARE IF CHEESY WAKES UP, OR DOES ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER!
Even after I say that in my head, I can't help but slowly take my arm away from him and replace it with a pillow instead.
What the FUCK is happening to me???
I need to get out of this room, the air conditioner in here must be broken or something cause I feel my face heating up everytime I look at him. I can't deal with this twerp right now.
I avoid the popcorn kernels on the ground and tip toe over to my nightstand to grab my water bottle. I then make my way over to the bathroom to grab my towel when I remember that I left it back at the pool yesterday....
along with the rest of my stuff.
Oh God.
I left my camera, didn't I?
I feel my heart drop and the color drain from my face as I remember that I've been taking pictures of Cheesy nonstop lately. It started off when I was bored and decided to snap one of him looking particularly stupid to laugh at for later, but then I just sorta started taking them for no reason. He would be sitting at his desk doing nothing but chew his pen out of habit and I would take a picture, I MEAN THE LIGHTING WAS GOOD! I COULDN'T LET IT GO TO WASTE! four days ago we were eating on the edge of the rooftop with our legs dangling over the edge and he was just SO excited to eat his favorite sandwich (mayo, turkey and ham, I only know because I've snapped multiple pictures of him making it) and when Cheesy is happy he kicks his feet and smiles super big and the sun was setting in the background and I HAD to take a picture okay! I couldn't let the moment go to waste! It's probably one of my favorites- I MEAN ITS TRASH AND I DONT KNOW WHY I TOOK IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! BUT ANYWAYS THAT CAMERA HAS 12 GB OF CHEESY BEING DUMB ON IT AND IF ANYONE FINDS IT I'M SCREWED!!!
I rush out of our room (making sure to leave a note that I'm going to the gym and gently close the door behind me of course) and make my way towards the pool, which HAD to be on the other side of the hotel. After several minutes of running (and bumping into Paintbrush who looks like an absolute zombie in the mornings) I finally reach the pool area to find Microphone kneeling over my stuff and LOOKING THROUGH MY CAMERA!
"HEY! GET OFF OF MY PROPERTY LOUD MOUTH!"
"AAAAAAA!!! IM SO SO SO SORRY TROPHY I CAN EXPLAIN!!!-" she fiddles with my camera in her hands and I hit the button on her chest before she can yell any louder. I angerly whisper to her "CAN IT MICROPHONE! YOU'RE GONNA WAKE CHEESY UP!- I MEAN- THE WHOLE HOTEL- FUCK-" I uncover her mouth and I'm pretty sure that slip up spoke for itself.
"So..... Cheesy huh?"
"SHUT. UP."
"You do have a lot of pictures of him on here-"
"WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE ANYWAYS???"
"BECAUSE I FORGOT MY TOWEL HERE YESTERDAY TOO! I thought your towel was mine because all of the towels here are orange but your camera happened to be wrapped up in it. I thought that I could identify who's towel this belonged to by looking though the camera roll! I was planning give it back! Geez." She places the camera in my hands and crosses her arms.
"Why did you need a towel anyways WHEN YOU KNEW YOU WEREN'T GETTING IN THE POOL!"
"The pool tiles are HOT EVEN IN THE SHADE! SITTING ON THEM BURN! Plus, we have other things to discuss, like why Cheesy takes up the majority of space on your camera" She gives me a smirk and an eyebrow wiggle.
"NO REASON AT ALL! BUZZ OFF!" I say as I avert my gaze and pick up my stuff along with Cheesys.
I guess Cheesy was thoughtful for wrapping my camera up in the towel so it couldn't get wet.... but now I have to give Mic an explanation to why I have multiple photos of Cheesy doing mundane things on my camera. I think I would've rather had my camera waterlogged.
"Do you like him?"
"EW! NO! THATS GAY! He just..." fuck, I need to think of an excuse- "he just wants me to take pictures of him sometimes... and I oblige. Also, he thinks the camera is fancy." That last part was true, which hopefully throws her off guard and makes her believe everything I just said.
"Mmmmhm sureeee. Still not convinced. Look, you don't have to be ashamed to like Cheesy, I mean I would personally be because he's the most annoying person I've ever met, but it's perfectly fine to have a crush-"
"I do NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON CHEESY!!!! DID ANYTHING THAT I SAID REGISTER IN YOUR TINY PEA BRAIN?? I DON'T LIKE CHEESY! HES GROSS AND DUMB AND STUPID AND IDIOTIC AND AND AND- AND I HATE HIM AND HIS STUPID JOKES!!!!!!"
Microphone smacks her lips and rolls her eyes in disbelief, but then looks past me toward the sliding doors of the hotel in absolute horror.
"What the fuck are you staring aaaa-" I turn around to see Cheesy standing in the doorway.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"
"Uh, sorry guys, I.... I think I'm just gonna... See myself out."
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"
He closes the door and walks right back into the hotel.
"Aaat."
Microphone cringes in my direction, and I cringe in hers, that definitely must have hurt him, especially since I insulted his jokes too...
"I think we should pause this argument for now..." she says in a careful tone.
"Sameeeeeeee" I draw out awkwardly as I follow in Cheesy's footsteps.
When I enter the hotel though, Cheesy isn't anywhere in my vicinity, so I make my way to the rooftop. Which is where he usually is when he wants to be alone to make terrible puns.
When I arrive he's just a few feet away, arms spread out and legs crossed, laying down and staring at the clouds.
"Hey Cheesy." I say softly as I make my way towards him.
"Oh! Hey Trophy!" He says a little startled but speaks with a happy tone. If you've known Cheesy for as long as I have though, you can certainly tell he isn't happy right now, he's putting on a front.
"Uh, I just wanted to say, I don't think you're dumb."
"Well, I know that! It's just.... The joke part..." He fiddles with his hands while he talks to me, probably because he's nervous. I don't think he speaks seriously very often. "Um... I know that my jokes are lame sometimes, but I thought you at least appreciated the effort I put into them by now."
"I DO! Wait- NO I DON'T! WHAT AM I SAYING?!"
"Yeah, I thought you didn't. You never laugh at them anyways." He turns onto his side and faces his back towards me.
He's becoming more and more distant to me every lingering second, UGH!
"THIS IS SO HARD CHEESY! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOUR JOKES, I HATE HOW WELL THOUGHT UP THEY ARE ON THE SPOT SOMETIMES- I HATE THE WAY YOU MAKE ME WANT TO CARE FOR YOU, AND THE WAY THAT YOU'RE INTERESTED IN MY WORKOUT ROUTINE AND WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT!-"
I don't know what I'm saying anymore, just letting everything spill out of me at once.
"THE WAY YOU TALK AND THE WAY YOU TRY TO ENTERTAIN ME AND OBVIOUSLY GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT ME UNLIKE EVERYONE ELSE-"
"uh, Trophy?"
"AND THE WORST PART IS, YOU DONT HOLD MY PAST AGAINST ME AND YOU'RE PATIENT WITH ME EVEN WHEN IM A TOTAL ASSHOLE! YOUR SMILE IS CONTAGIOUS CHEESY AND YOU ALWAYS PUT ME BEFORE YOURSELF!"
"Uh..... Trophy...." He gets up off of the ground and makes his way towards me, but I'm too caught up in my angry rant to notice.
I MEAN, COME ON! YOU PROBABLY ONLY CAME TO THE POOL IN THE FIRST PLACE TO CHECK IF MY CAMERA WAS OKAY! YOU FUCKING DROWNED YESTERDAY AND THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IS 'OH I HAVE TO FIND TROPHY'S SHIT THAT HE LEFT AT THE POOL' LIKE A DUMBASS! YOU'RE WAY TOO KIND FOR YOU'RE OWN GOOD AND-"
Cheesy silences me with one hand and covers his blushing face with the other.
"Trophy, I'm gonna have you stop there, that was... The most cheesiest thing I've ever heard in my entire life, and believe me, I'm made out of cheese!" He takes his hand off of my face and knee slaps as I'm completely stumped on how any of that could've been taken in a gay way.
"HOW????? I JUST TOLD YOU HOW MUCH I HATED YOU!"
"Yep.. pfft.. you sure did buddy!" he covers his face and giggles a little under his breath.
"W-WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING TWERP!" My face starts to heat up, only because I'm embarrassed right now, not because Cheesy's expression is giving me a heart attack.
"WH- WHATEVER MAN! I'M LEAVING! CONVERSATION OVER!"
"Yeah sure Trophy, hey, before you go to the gym though, I'd like to give you this."
Give me what-
He snatches the camera out of my hands.
"HEY! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH MY CAMERA!"
"MWAH!" He says obnoxiously as he kisses me on the cheek and for a split second a white light flashes before my eyes.
"That!" He says to me nonchalantly and silently chuckles at me.
Oh....
He puts the camera in my hands again while I'm still trying to process everything that just happened.
HOLY.
HOLY SHIT.
I'm freaking out internally, my face is probably tomato red right now. I just wanna crawl into a hole and never see the light of day. God, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! IT'S JUST A JOKE! THIS ISN'T GAY! IM NOT GAY AND NEITHER IS CHEESY! THIS WAS A BRO THING!!!! I NEED TO GET OVER IT!
"HA! FUNNY ONE CHEESY! IM JUST GONNA, LEAVE NOW HAHA!" I force myself to say, because in the state I'm in mentally it's hard to get anything out, and speedwalk away.
"Thisissogaythisissogayholyshitholyshit-" I mutter to myself.
As I'm walking, I open my camera to see the picture. It's... Extremely blurry, which is what I expected given how the kiss lasted a millisecond and Cheesy doesn't know how to use a camera properly.
Even though it's a terrible picture, I still cherish it, and I mentally note to make a physical copy later.