Chapter 7: Saber Mazurka

(The dress above is what Ophelia is wearing for the event)

Third P.O.V 

Glenn was currently with some of the towns people doing some final run throughs before they film the actual finale of Margaux's show. "Alright, it's the last run through before the finale, so let's try this one last time ok? We're gonna shot across the town square to the gazebo where Margaux will make her grand entrance. So everyone will be walking this direction across the square." He said as he was directing people. As he was directing everyone he accidentally placed someone that he didn't recognized making him pause and turn slowly. 

Seeing a woman with a giant upper body and small lower body asking for the bathroom. Glenn didn't respond as he threw his clipboard and ran off. He hid behind some shrubs as he calls Margaux the news. "Margaux, they're here." Glenn whispered franticly. "What are you talking about?" Margaux asked. "They're here! The Addams Family!" Glenn repeated but screamed. Different members of the Addams walked around town, most of them terrifying the townsfolk. 

"Pardon me." one of the family members said to Glenn, startling him because he didn't realize one of the shrubs was actually another family member. "What are we gonna do?" Glenn said in fear. "What we always do Glenn. Help people." Margaux said. She then went on her phone and text in the town group chat. "The Addams monsters are planning  to attack the town tonight. Meet at Margaux's house now." Margaux said as she texted those exact words into the chat. Everyone in the community's phone was going off. 

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

At the Addams' household all the family members found their way to the celebration. "Salutations Addams, we're here!" Petunia, the one with shrub like hair, said as she walked in. "Petunia, I love what you've done with your hair." Mortitia said. "Thanks, I just had it mowed." Petunia responded. "Please, come in. Make yourself uncomfortable." Mortitia said as se guided Petunia in. "Uncle Onion. It's been so long." Gomez greeted another family member. "Yes, so disappointed to see you." Mortitia said. "You always managed  to bring a tear to my eye." Gomez said as he wiped his eye. 

"Greetings Dr. Flambe, how are you doing?" Gomez greeted another person who walked through the door. "I'm on fire. This party is gonna be lit." Dr. Flambe responded as his head caught on fire. "Auntly Sloom." Mortitia greeted. "Aunty Sloom, you are as radiant as a barrel of nuclear waste." Gomez greeted. "Where is the boy?" Auntly Sloom asked. "Pugsley, ah there you are. Come down and say hello to your aunty Sloom." Gomez said as he seen Pugsley on the chandelier practicing with Thing. 

Pugsley fell right at Aunty Sloom's feet when he failed to beat Thing. "Gomez, this tradition is not to be taken lightly. I trust that the boy has been properly trained." Aunty Sloom said sternly. "Yes, yes. Even our maid has learned so that she can help properly train him. Once you see how-." Gomez started, only for Aunty Sloom to interrupt him. "We've had enough this Mazurka is taking place in New Jersey. Now where are the drinks!" Aunty Sloom yelled. 

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

Back with the towns people, Margaux has rallied them up. Parker and Wednesday could see them from the attic window where they were trapped. "You've seen them. You've heard the stories. Those Addams aren't people, they're monsters! And now there's an infestation of them. They're here to destroy our beautiful community and turn it into a place that no design intervention can save!" Margaux screamed as she stood on top of her pink golf kart. The towns people yelling out in agreement. 

"We need to destroy them! Who's with me?" Margaux yelled. She then hopped into her kart. "We'll be revealing assimilation and all of you to our audience in just an hour. Our last chance to help these people is now. Bill, John, do you still have that lovely catapult?" Margaux said calmly. "Are you sure about this?" Glenn asked as he took a seat besides Margaux in the kart. The towns people put a torch up on their phones and follow Margaux to the Addam's family house. Wednesday decided to do something about this. Her and Parker escaping with the help of a hair clip.

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

Back with the Addam's, everyone was conversing about the Saber Mazurka. Ophelia serving drinks to people as she walked around with Thing. "You better be ready. Or Aunty Sloom will have his head." one of the family members said. "He's very small." another said.  "I certainly hope the boy's ready." another said. 

Ophelia had to resist the urge to say something to defend Pugsley as she heard the family members each say something.  "Sloom." Grandmama says. "Sister." Aunty Sloom says. "Darling, I know the last time we saw each other, we had that horrible fight. And I just wanted to tell you from the bottom of my heart...I won that fight and I was glad I cheated." Grandmama says. 

"You are still a sore loser as always!" Sloom says in an outrage. "I want a rematch right here! Right now!" Grandmama says as she put her dukes up. Mortitia had to come in and break the fight. "Aunty Sloom, can I get you anything?" Mortitia asked as she pushed the two away from each other. 

"When's the Mazurka?" Sloom asked. "Soon, soon. Our daughter Wednesday isn't here." Mortitia explained. "If your daughter cant be on time, then we will begin without her!" Sloom says. "Very well, Aunty Sloom." Mortitia said as she gesture to her husband that they needed to get the Mazurka rolling. Gomez nods and hits his spoon on his glass. 

"Attention please, attention!" Gomez calls out, throwing his glass in the air and was caught by the lion. "The hour is upon us. Places." Gomez says.Aunty Sloom was taken up to sit and observe the Mazurka. Gomez nods to Lurch to start playing the music. Gomez and Mortitia join hands in the middle, Grandmama and Ophelia on the right of them and Fester on the left. Thing approaching the stand. "We gather today to witness my son Pugsley Addams perform his Saver Mazurka." Gomez says. Thing walks up to the crate beside Gomez and presents him the key to open it. 

Gomez slams the door of the crate onto Fester's head and Pugsley walks out from it. Gomez gives his son an encouraging nod. Pugsley then walks up to the podium, growing nervous as he seen everyone looking at him. He glances as Ophelia, who smiles at him and holds a subtle thumbs up, to let him know that he's got this and wish him good luck. "He will begin with the reading from the Terror. Which commemorates our cries in battle." Gomez says. Fester helps cousin It up to hand Pugsley the Terror book. 

Pugsley then started with the first page cousin It presented. Continuing to do each cry as It turned the pages. The family members watching clapped for Pugsley. "And now the transition into manhood." Gomez says. It turns the page and it says 'beard'. Pugsley takes a deep breath and pushes out a beard. The family members clap and It takes the podium. It says some words and Fester translates for him. "And now theSaber Mazurka." Fester says into the mic. 

Pugsley takes the floor, his dad across from him with a sword. "Hold still." Gomez says. Taking a swing of his sword and cuts off the beard and mustache, enough to leave behind two small lines on his upper lip. "The Addam's mustache. Now you're ready." Gomez says. Pugsley wanted to say something but the lights went out, a spotlight aiming on him. 

Another spotlight shows and a family member proceeds to do a sword dance to start off the Saber Mazurka. Another member grabs he sword for the other family member's mouth and proceeds to attach Pugsley with it. Pugsley blocks it but get's knocked over. Causing the other's to gasp. Pugsley goes to grab his sword but is stopped when three other family members come with their swords beating the ground. Dancing with it and then attacking at Pugsley, who blocks it but loses grip of his sword again. 

He tries to get it but another member keeps it away from him, spinning around quickly. Resulting in Pugsley dragging onto the floor and his sword sliding to his parents. Everyone gasps and Gomez and Ophelia runs over to him. "Pugsley, are you alright?" Ophelia asked as his dad turns him over. "I give up. I cant do it pop. I'm sorry. I let you down." Pugsley says as his mustache falls from his face. "Pugsley." Ophelia says with a sympathetic look. "You haven't let me down. Pugsley, I let you down. I was so focused on doing things the traditional way...I forgot to let you be who you are." Gomez says.