A snake in lions skin

As the train pulled to a stop children made their way out. As Lily walked past a group of Slytherin second years, she saw Lucius complaining loudly about blood-traitors and mudbloods with his crew of inbred monkeys.

"Pssst mayonaise baby!"

Lucius turned around a sneer on his face.

"What you pathetic mudblood?"

Those around them that didn't believe in pureblood supremacy gasps.

Lily laughed and flicked up her 2 middle fingers walking back in slow motion before mouthing something so inappropriate Lucius stood there gaping. When he was finally ready to answer back he saw her fiery red hair swishing away as she laughed down to the boats. His heart was beating fast, it made him confused. He felt flushed. He mus be ill, he should visit madam Pomfrey after the feast he decided.

James, Sirius and Remus having seen this burst out laughing receiving odd looks from the others around them only waving it off muttering you wouldn't understand.

As they made it to the boats James saw Lily, Severus and some other girl with blonde hair and brown eyes. He could see Lily ranting about something and doing stupid movements which made him laugh. As he sped up to get the last seat in the boat to be near his Lily-flower he forgot about his friends. As he jumped into the boat he yelled out "SORRY GUYS, BUT I MEAN..LILY!". Lily just stared at him as if he was an oddity cause a blush to come up on his cheeks. Severus scowled, this boy wanted to steal his Lily away from him! No. He wouldn't let him. As James was having the time of his life listening to Lily talk about random things he had begun to lean forward  causing him to fall into the black lake. Lily seeing this quickly sprung into action jumping into the lake to save James. James seeing this pretended to drown. James knew how to swim, of course he did his mum made him learn how to but if this got Lily's attention James may as well be dead. As Lily dove forward and wrapped her arms around his waste she lugged him onto the boat. She quickly checked to see if he was okay, she received no response. Well mainly because he was holding his breath. All the kids were in a panic when he lay there still. Lily seeing that he wasn't responding quickly started CPR. James wide eyed and red faced stared at her through his wet glasses. Lily opening her eyes sees James face and realises it was a joke. She takes her mouth off his and starts yelling. "I THOUGHT YOU DIED! YOU IDIOT! DID YOU LIE?!THIS ISN'T A JOKE JAMES!" James just staring into the sky mouth agape. Lily Evans saved him. Lily Evans kissed him. Lily Evans was being held back by the blonde girl trying to push him out of the boat? Lily Evans was trying to push him out of the boat....LILY EVANS WAS TRYING TO PUSH HIM OUT OF THE BOAT!?

He quickly jumped out of the boat and swam to Sirius' and Remus', them having one spot left. He could hear Lily screaming at him for being able to swim. As he lay on the boat he whispered in a soft voice, "Lily kissed me." Sirius and Remus stared at him as if he was crazy. "LILY KISSED ME!" "Mate she thought you drowned, she was doing CPR." Replied Remus looking at James oddly. "IT WASN'T A KISS MORON I WAS SAVING YOUR LIFE" "LILY EVANS KISSED ME!" As they all made their way up to the stairs where Lily knew Minnie would be she all but trudged up to the castle her and James soaking wet.

As Minnie looked at them she did a double take. "Now may I ask why Mr Potter, Ms Evans you are soaking wet, and why Mr Potter pray tell do you have a piece of sea weed on your head!?" She asked exasperated. "Well you see Minnie, I went for a little swim in the great lake, and my dear Lily-flower was so worried about me! She thought I died! She saved me, my knight in shining armour!" Lily looked as if she was going to strangle him, while Minnie looked amused, shocked and tired. This boy was going to put her into early retirement. As she cleaned them up with a spell, he whispered to her one hand covering his mouth."She kissed me Minnie!""It wasn't a kiss I was doing CPR!I thought you died!""See she's so worried about me!" "No I'm not you idiot!""For future reference Minnie you should call her Mrs Potter, save you the effort in a few years!" "Don't listen to him!" She sighed before uttering "Follow me." Yes this boy would be the cause of early retirement. To think the Prewett twins were bad.

As the sorting began Lily felt eyes on her back, turning around it was the mayo baby staring at her. She simply gave him a look that said 'stop looking at me ya nonce'. He quickly averted his eyes, as he should.

"Lily Evans"

Lily walked up, she didn't know how to feel. Happy? She wanted this after all, but she didn't want some one to look through her memories. As the hat touched her head it spoke, making her jump.

"Hello..I haven't had one of you in a while, how odd."

"There's more like me?"

"Yes Rowena was. Brilliant witch!"

"Can you sort me please." She asked getting bored of this already, she wanted food.

"Not very patient are we?  To lazy for Hufflepuff, smart enough for Ravenclaw but you don't seem to care much for the people in the house. Slytherin or Gryffindor...well we both know you would make an amazing Slytherin but the people in that house wouldn't  be so welcoming better be....

GRYFFINDOR!!"