Chapter 4

A/N Hey guys. Cover belongs to @guns-and-chocolate. I personally think it's amazing and I'm replacing mine with it.

Celine POV

The ride back to the Carter's mansion was filled with utter silence. Abel had his head rested on the headboard of his sit with his eyes tightly shut. Probably avoiding any conversations with me.

I desperately wanted to talk him; I felt like it's my fault that he lost the woman he loves. If only he hadn't been forced into this marriage, he would probably be proposing to Taylor.

But deep down I was glad that Mr Carter made this decision. I wasn't sure if I could take Abel marrying another woman.

We arrived at the mansion thirty minutes later and Abel was the first to get out of the car. He didn't say a word to me and instead headed straight inside without a single glance in my direction. His actions stung a little but I assured myself that someday he would come to realize just how much I adore him.

"Are you okay miss Celine?" I was so drowned in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the concern look Jerry was throwing at me.

"I'm fine" I replied with a small smile.

Jerry sighed obviously not believing me "sir Abel can be a jerk sometimes miss but he's a really nice person. The marriage arrangement was a shock to him but don't worry, he'll come around soon"

"Thanks Jerry" I felt a little better at his words. I have no idea why he decided to comfort me but I knew that his words really did help ease my mind a bit.

"You don't have to thank me miss. You're a nice person and what you did for that little boy shows just how amazing you are. Sir Abel doesn't deserve you but thanks anyway for agreeing to be his wife"

Here was someone else telling me how Abel doesn't deserve me. They just didn't know the wrongs I have done to so many people in the past including my family.

As Jerry walk me to the entry I thought hard for something to say. Perhaps start a conversation but I didn't know how. I wasn't the social kind of person and I was just lucky enough to have two friends like Selena and Angel.

"How long have you been working for Mr Carter?" I was thankful I came up with something. But I was also really curious of his answer. He looks young; probably in his late twenties.

"Five years" he answered with a smile "I'm an orphan and Mr Carter took me in when I was eight years old. He sponsored my high school and collage education and I'm now working as his driver in hopes of repaying his good deeds. I seriously do not know where I would be now if Mr Carter hadn't come into my life"

His voice was filled with gratitude for the man who changed his life. I have heard of Mr Carter's generosity but this is the first time I've seen someone who can vouch for it.

We neared the entry and I realized that there was no going back. This is my home now. My new life with Abel. It could probably be hell or heaven but no matter what, I would endure until Abel comes to accept me as his wife.

"Are there a lot of maids?" I asked Jerry already feeling my nerves surfacing. The mansion was very huge and I figured there must be maids around to take care of it.

"Its just Martha and her daughters but don't worry, they are very nice and they will take very good care of you but I must warn you; the girls can be a handful sometimes and I'm hoping you don't come out of their clutches with an ear bleed"

I chuckled at his warning already excited to meet them and that was the moment Abel decided to come out.

He was dressed in fresh new clothes and it seems like he was going out cause he had his car keys in hands.