01. you're a sunnyvaler

OCTOBER 1994

OCTOBER 1994.

ENTERING THE FIER RESIDENCE, I was welcomed with the sound of silence. A sigh escaped my mouth, relieved to be home after a long day at work for a pointless company I could care less about.

My eyes trailed up to the large grandfather clock in the foyer, reading the time quickly. I threw my small bag onto the dresser, bending down and throwing my heel's somewhere in the narrow room. I swiftly made my way through the house, beginning a walk to the kitchen for a late night dine. But my actions were stopped by a bang followed by certain clutter items being moved around. I froze in place, quirking an eyebrow as I peeked my head around the kitchen entrance.

All I could see was the back of what seemed to be a man, making my body tense. I quickly reached over to any item I could find as a defense weapon, only getting myself an empty flower vase. I narrowed my eyes, creeping over to this trespasser. Raising the vase, I stood shortly behind the person, preparing myself to swing.

As my hit was about to land, the person whipped around, surprising the both of us. I let out a groan, rolling my eyes as I set the blue vase down. "Dammit, Nick! You scared the living shit out of me." I muttered, walking towards the kitchen.

"Sorry." He chuckled, following my action's. "Who even let you in?" I asked, as he lifted up the spare key I vaguely remembered giving to my mother. "How the hell did you get that?"

Nick huffed. "Ask your mother."

I grimaced, pulling out a large bottle of white wine from the fridge. "What can I do for you, Nicky." I cheekily grinned, popping the cork out and taking a large swing of the alcohol, not even giving a glass a thought.

I stared at Nick's nervous stance. I noticed quickly how his leg began to bounce, avoiding eye contact with me. I set the bottle down, leaning my hands against the kitchen island. "Nick..." I let out, hoping to catch his eyes. "Nick, whatever it is, you can—"

"They're back." He quickly cut me off, as my mouth gaped.

"Who's back?" I hesitantly said, slowly stalking my way towards him. He finally looked into my eyes; fear struck through his irises.

"Them, Cami."

...

"Open the fucking door, Ziggy!" Shouted me as I banged harshly onto the door. I could hear the faint sound of locks being shifted behind the door, making the knocking and shouting calm down. My foot tapped impatiently on the welcome mat, as the wooden door swung open, revealing a shocked Ziggy.

"Took you long enough." I Scoffed, as I pushed my way into Ziggy's isolated home. "Why haven't you been answering me? Jesus Christ, Zig. This is fucking important. The one time I call you and you don't answer." I shook my head, pacing back and forth through the living room. "We're going to die. I swear to God. No, wait, you're going to die, and I'm going to live through the guilt, once again! Oh my god, what if you do die? I can't live without you, Zig. What's going to happen? Who's going to plan—" I let out a series of panicked rants, before Ziggy shut me up.