The Perfect Human Life

Chapter 1: The Perfect Human Life

I stood in front of my mirror, one of my favourite places on earth, and I admired the view. I was happy that my perfectly hourglass-shaped body was as mesmerizing as ever, even in this hideous long, grey dress Mother made me wear.

My long legs, together with my curvaceous hips made every man in Rochester, New York turn around to have a better look. And my round and perky breasts formed a beautiful contrast to my natural slim waist.

But not only my body was beautiful. I had an elegant, heart-shaped face with high cheekbones. Full, pink lips that every man I passed admired. And big, sensual, violet coloured eyes that sparkled with my youthful glow.

The cherry on top of the cake that was my physical appearance was my golden coloured hair. Long, blond curls cupped my face and everyone I knew, envied my soft locks. Especially my best friend Vera.

Daddy told me time and time again I was the most beautiful girl in the world and considering all the attention I received, I couldn't help but agree with him.

And that's not vain if it's the truth.

¨Rosalie Lillian Hale!¨ I heard someone scream.

I annoyingly turned away from the mirror to answer.

¨Yes, Mother?¨

How dare she interrupted my inner monologue about my favourite topic of all time, myself? What could possibly be more important than that? And besides, mother is just a housewife so it couldn't really be that important anyway.

¨Could you help me out with your brothers?¨

What did those immature children do this time? At nineteen years, I was the eldest of three. William was seventeen while Robert was fourteen. They were constantly messing around. They were lucky the country's already been at war once. I couldn't imagine they could serve in another World War. We would really be doomed if that happened.

Didn't they learn anything at all from Daddy? Daddy's seen the war. He said it was devastating to follow the news at that time, but because I was born in 1914, he focussed all his attention on me since I was the best thing in his life.

So you could say that even as an infant, I influenced everyone around me.

Now, Daddy worked hard at the bank. The country's in a Great Depression, so he had to work long days. I missed him, of course, but he could provide for us so we wouldn't have to be poor. I couldn't imagine living as the poor!

Therefore, why did I have to help out with my brothers? If they would just be like Daddy, we wouldn't have a single problem with them. And I wasn't destined to help and become a housewife anyway, I was destined for greater things in life.

Like shopping.

Daddy always rolled his eyes at me when I mentioned that. He said I had to think bigger than that, think about going to college. But that seemed so boring.

¨Rosalie. Please come.¨ Mother continued to shout at me.

I rolled my eyes. Those immature children. Couldn't I enjoy my own company for a few seconds before they were annoying me again? Mother couldn't always handle my brothers. She said they listened better to me than to her, so I sometimes had to help her out.

I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, to find Mother with my two brothers, as they sat at the kitchen table.

¨Thank you, Rose.¨ Mother smiled warmly at me but I focussed all my attention on my siblings. William looked annoyed while Robert avoided my gaze.