A Best Friend. // Chapter Three.

Monday morning, I woke up feeling oddly good. I walked into my bathroom with a small yawn and could help the hint of a smile as I saw that my skin had gained a bit more life to it after eating last night.

I take a quick shower and towel my hair until it's mostly dry, styling it by running my fingers through my hair until I was satisfied.

I then left the bathroom and made my way to my closet, grabbing a white T-shirt and slipping it on before grabbing a pair of straight-legged jeans that flare out over my legs. They were ripped on the thigh and knees as well as the back pockets, small distress strings attached on the tears.

I tucked the shirt into my jeans and put a belt on to cinch the denim around my waist. I put a pair of socks on afterwards and rubbed my eyes as I left my bedroom and walked into the living room.

I walked towards a small closet near the door to exit my room and grabbed a cream-colored cardigan that was clearly oversized. I scrunched the sleeves up so that they bunched at my wrists and just barely covered the palms of my hands. The bottom of the cardigan went down to my knees.

I grab my phone from the stand I'd placed it on previously and stuffed it into the back pocket of my jeans. I put on a pair of slip-on vans and grabbed my backpack, tossing it over one shoulder and leaving. I walked down the hallway and to the stairs, running down them and opening the door that led to the cafe.

It was around 6:45 by now, so I sat down at the counter and looked up at Yoshimura as he stood at the counter.

"Can I have a sugar cube in mine please?" I asked him with a sweet smile.

He laughed at me a bit and nodded, continuing to brew the coffee he had already started before I'd come down.

By the time the coffee was done, Touka had finally made her own appearance in the cafe and sat next to me.

Yoshimura placed the two cups in front of us, a sugar cube placed on the saucer my cup sat on.

"Thank you." I said as I plopped the cube into the coffee, using a small spoon to stir the already dissolving sugar into my drink.

"Sure thing, Y/N." He said, turning to Touka. "Would you like one too, Touka Dear?"

Touka shook her head and sipped her coffee, smiling at Yoshimura. "Thank you. It's delicious." She whispered as she moved back to drinking the dark liquid.

Once the cube had fully dissolved, I smiled and gulped down some of my own coffee. I exhaled happily, satisfied with the hot liquid running down my throat.

7 o'clock had hit and Touka and I were out of Anteiku and on our way to school. We reached an intersection and went our separate ways as usual, me humming softly as I continued on my way to Kamii.

I was oddly excited today. Is it because of Ken's transformation? Is it because I finally got to eat something? I honestly wasn't sure.

Walking through the gates of Kamii, I was immediately attacked by Hideyoshi and Kai — as always. Ken, who was standing to the side and leaning against one of the gates, gave me a look of sympathy.

'They did the same to me.' He mouthed the words.

"Hey, guys." I said while wrapping my arms around both of their waists and walking over to Ken.

"Ouu~. Someone's looking hot today~!" Kai teased me, leaning in close to my face.

"Oh shut it." I grumbled.

"No, no. She's right." Hide added, looking me up and down playfully and biting his lip.

"You little shit-!" I stamped one foot towards Hide, the boy jumping back slightly.