Out of the dark foliage sinister smiles

Chapter 10

☆

"Feyre there is nothing to be done here to help, you heard what Nesta said this has happened before the stress was too much for her to handle." Feyre and Azriel could both now feel that something was far worse than a stress induced migrane."The Queens have tricked us and sold out the location of Velaris to The Isle of Hybern . Armen can not defend the city alone for any longer the sentries will arrive by tonight to guard your sisters. We must leave!" Rhysand determind to protect Velaris with his court.

"Feyre you'll have to go, we'll look after Epona she will be alright your city will not." Nesta said agreeing with Rhysand.
The Night Court seeing Feyre's hesitant resolve gathered in the center readying themselves for the battle that waged across Velaris.

Cassian held Azriel's shoulder firmly, he was as conflicted as Feyre if not more. Epona's shadows that now clung to her not knowing how to help told Azriel to leave, that they would continually inform him of all changes.

One last glance at her and they where gone, into the throng of devastation. Epona temporarily forgotten about. The Book half leaving with them.

Nesta and Elain adjusted Epona elevating her head to the side monitoring her breathing covering her in a blanket. They watched in silence.

EPONA
The corroding dark madness was gone and I was unbound but not awake. I was a drift in numb peace nothing above or below me. I was lucid, but there was no immediate threat here so I remaind. Eyes closed as I was afloat I felt warmth spread from my feet swelling to my chest. This sensation was not here in my recovering psyche.

My sisters, Azriel . Oh how they must be worried. Should wake and leave this place. The darkness was gone my thoughts would be safe again in the world of waking. I relaxed my body again waiting for the drop.

Elain gasped as Epona's body jolted and stilled, she and Nesta had fallen asleep against each other watching over their sister. Elain's surprise had woken Nesta "What, what is she awake." She looked to Elain turning to check over Epona. On the floor pillow under her head and blanket tucked round her she smiled at her sisters her weakened heart softening at the sight of them leaning against each other at the foot of the couch awaiting her.

"Can we still have a picnic under the tree?" Elain placed a kiss upon her forehead worry washing away at Epona's casual question. "Of course we can the moon is brilliant tonight we will grab some blankets and latterns and have a nice end to the day shall we." Helping her sit up Nesta examined her. "Would you like to talk about it?" She asked in a gentle manner that was only really reserved for Elain. Epona in her rehabilitative state let her mind wonder, she knew that from her physical limited reaction that her sisters would assume that she was experiencing a migrane and her body fainted to cope with the pain. She couldn't tell them the truth she didn't want to scare them, she wanted to be with her sisters and overcome her emotional hangover, her trauma still fresh but inflictor long gone from their home.

Illuminated under the largest tree on the Archeron Estate was the three sisters utterly satiated from there sandwiches and cake. They lay together watching the night sky through the newly sprung leaves Epona in the center holding each of their hands. They silently cried together each in ignorance of the others tears each in relief. The Fae had been successful in obtaining half The Book Of Breathings, the Queens deception had given them a chance at survival,of living.

Nesta pushed her self up first huffing, "The Fae sentries should be here by now. It must be past midnight." She scanned the surrounding land. Elain and Epona copied her, Epona cupped her hands calling the shadows attention to them "The sentries have yet to arrive, where The Night Court able to defend their city?" Whispering into her hands her sisters becoming nervous.

An answer arriving too late .

Out of the dark foliage sinister smiles pierced their prey.

Surrounded and unarmed.

Hybern just gained three valuable hostages.

☆