Chapter 7

Hongjoong was sent home early to ensure that he would be at the Estate at the ass crack of dawn in order to leave. He went to bed early and awoke early so that he wouldn’t be left behind and so that he could make sure that he had everything.

He bid farewell to the families telling them he’d be back in slightly over a week. They waved him off and off he was.

The estate was crazy.

Seonghwa was being lightly slapped on his face by his mother who appeared to be giving him a pep talk. The Dukes were ensuring that the carriages were properly loaded. The workers were all over the place. Yeosang, not surprisingly, was seated on the front porch on a comfortable sofa beside his mother who was standing. 

The Duchess of Yeonsu was fussing over Jongho who would be riding in the same carriage as them because apparently, Yeosang gave a tantrum stating;

"But Father! What if one of the horses in our carriage gets a damaged shoe?! You HAVE to let the blacksmith come with us! There’s NO way I am willing to be stuck in the middle of nowhere!"

And so of course, Yeosang ended up getting his way and so there was the Duchess ensuring that Jongho was fancy enough to be in the same carriage as the other five individuals. 

Five because Seonghwa insisted his only friend, Hongjoong, ride with them as well.

One of the maids rushed to Hongjoong and immediately began cleaning and fixing him up, giving him a set of clothes to dress in.

"Hongjoong!" a voice called.

Hongjoong turned and was met with Seonghwa's smiling face.

"Hello, Seonghwa."

Several heads snapped at Hongjoong's greeting, mouth wide open in shock.

"Dear? Why did he call you by your first name?" the Duchess of Sacheon asked, mildly concerned.

"I asked him to."

The response seemed to satisfy her and she nodded in understanding. The others, seeing the Duchess react as such, also went back to normal.

Within an hour, everything was ready and they began the journey that would last the entire day. The first two hours was just complete silence.

The Dukes sat at the very front of the carriage with the coachman, ensuring the proper journey. Their carriage was leading all the others and so they had to make sure everyone would follow and head the right way.

Inside, they sat facing each other. The Duchess of Sacheon sat beside her son, Seonghwa, and Hongjoong sat beside the taller male. Facing them on the other side was the Duchess of Yeonsu with her son, Yeosang, sitting beside her and Jongho sitting beside the young Lord.

The two hours that had passed by were deafening and no one made any form that they wanted to speak until, of course, Yeosang made the move.

"Mother! I don’t like sitting here!"

"Nonsense. You sit at home all day and yet you can’t sit in a carriage?"

"That’s different! In here I can’t move even if I wanted to and remember I told you I hit my hip the other day? Well it still hurts!" Yeosang whined.

"That’s unfortunate," the Duchess replied, staring out the window.

Yeosang sighed and slid off the seat like a slimy eel, crossing his arms with a frown on the floor.

"Kang Yeosang, what kind of Lord are you? Do you have no morals? And acting like that in front of low lines?"

"Hey," Seonghwa said, a bit of warning in his voice. "Aunty, I know you don’t fully agree with me on my views but kindly refrain from referring to them as such in my presence."