All my tears have been used up

✨✨✨

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care
But it's so cold and I don't know where
I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring
And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright
I'm just so tired to share my nights
I wanna cry and I wanna love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
Oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
And if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight
But my hand's been broken, one too many times
So I'll use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude
Words they always win, but I know I'll lose
And I'd sing a song, that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry, I wanna learn to love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
Oh oh
I wanna sing a song, that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry, I wanna fall in love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up oh oh, oh

✨✨✨

Kaz felt more anxious than he had ever been, whatever he said to Aeolian was stupid, and he hadn't seen her shadow ever since. There had been moments like these, where he thought she might hate him. But she reappears being irritated or playful and brushes off the tension, but this was different because none of the crew met or saw her as well. A surge of panic came over him as the clock began to tick, what if she backed out of the mission? What if she had left Ketterdam without saying goodbye? Or what if she's in trouble?

She was Aeolian, the best spy he knew. The Ghost of Ketterdam, she can look after herself that's for sure. But if someone was smart enough, he or she can harm her. His rivals were everywhere and being associated with him has it's cons. As they stood at the loading docks of the Fifth Harbour, he gazed at the direction of where she might appear, but she was very late. The group was tensed as well, they hadn't seen or heard from her for a day and that was so unlike her.

"Saints!" Nina finally broke the silence. "Where is she?" She pulled out a toffee from her pocket. She could feel the tension on Kaz's heartbeats, and ever since they reached the pier he seemed to be in deep thought.

Wylan sat on the barrel besides Nina. "Do you think she backed out?"

Nina let out a laugh. "Have you met doll? She never backs out."

Kaz gave a little sigh of relief, he knew Aeolian but he just needed to hear those words from someone else. The Shu girl would never leave the city without saying goodbye to her friends, nor will she back out from the heist but what was taking her so long to reach the harbour. That's what he didn't get, if she don't show up, he was going to look for her. He won't be leaving Ketterdam without her, that's what he was sure about.

A light mist was rising off the water, and through it, Aeolian saw Kaz and the others waiting near the pier. They all wore clothes of sailors. Even Kaz had foregone his immaculately cut suit in favour of a bulky wool coat. The thick sheaf of his dark hair was combed back, the sides trimmed short as always. She didn't pay much attention to his hairstyle, until one day she accidentally walked in while he was trimming his hair. She offered to help, since Kaz seemed to be struggling with the back of his head, but he declined, saying he didn't want to end up looking like Jesper or Wylan. Because she does their hair at times.