Under the Sea

It has been a week since Seth saved Caleb. The merman gained an odd behavior, staying out of trouble and not missing rehearsals. Only a select few knew the true reason behind his new habits.

"Seth, you have been in there for like forty minutes!" Jordan complained as she and her siblings were in their joint bedrooms. Seth eventually swam out but he was humming to himself, much to the confusion of his siblings. The merman absentmindedly combed his hair before taking a sea flower. He swam off and twirling to himself as he did.

"What's up with him?" London questioned as Kayla braided her hair. "Girl, I wish I knew," Kayla replied.

"Usually, he's as open as clam showing off its pearl, but I can't even understand where this newfound joy came from," Brooklyn commented.

"It's quite obvious when you realize it," Gabbie said. "What?" The sisters asked.

"Swimming in circles, chasing his gills, that boy's got his head up in something..." Gabbie added. "Which is?" Reese urged.

"Ugh. You are so clueless," Gabbie muttered, "Seth is in love~."

"Say what?" Brooklyn said, not comprehending what Gabbie just said.

"With who?" Reese asked, wanting to know the gossip.

"How should I know?" Gabbie admitted, "I just pieced the clues together like two days ago."

"How could we not have noticed? The giddiness, humming, daydreaming. It makes sense!" London cried out.

Seth, still daydreaming, accidentally bumped into Poseidon who was swimming by.

"Oh! Morning Dad~" the prince said, placing the flower behind the Sea King's ear and taking off, twirling again.

"Yep, he's got it bad," Jordan commented to which Poseidon heard her. "What? What's wrong with him?" Poseidon asked.

"Seth's in love~" the sisters told their father all together.

Poseidon was gobsmacked. "Seth? In love?" He repeated. This made so much sense from his son's recent behavior. Seth was in love! He couldn't wait to find out who the lucky merfolk was that had stolen his son's heart!

Up on the surface, Caleb was pacing the shoreline. He was dressed in regular attire and turned to the sea. Ever since his rescue, the voice of his savior had entrapped his mind, wanting to know who saved. Alex said it was sheer nonsense, saying that it was just luck that he managed to be carried to shore, but Caleb didn't believe that folly. At the horizon, the prince stared.

"Where did they go?
Where can they be?
When will they come again
Calling to me... ?
Calling to me... ?
Calling to me... ?"

Whoever saved him it was like destiny. But the true name of his savior, alluded him. Part of Caleb wanted to find this person, whoever they were.

"Somewhere there's a person
Who's like the shimmer of the wind upon the water
Somewhere there's a person
Who's like the glimmer of the sunlight on the sea
Somewhere there's a person
Who's like a swell of endless music
Somewhere they are singing
And their song is meant for me"

If it is even possible, Caleb wanted to marry the person who had saved him. The person who saved him seemed to remind him of the ocean. Mysterious, calm, caring, Caleb could go on and on about it. He wanted someone that loved the sea like himself.

"And their voice
It's sweet as angels sighing
And their voice
It's warm as summer sky
And that sound
It haunts my dreams
And spins me around
Until it seems
I'm flying...
Their voice!"