Return to Inkopolis

(Meggy, her parents, and her friends was over at Meggy's house. They were all watching the Inkopolis news)

Mario: Hey, Meggy.

Meggy: Yeah, Red?

Mario: How did you get the Inkopolis news?

Meggy: I just paid extra for it.

Mario: But why?

Meggy: I just want to see what's going on in my old town.

Mario: Okay.

(On the TV we see Pearl and Marina announcing the news)

Pearl: Y'all know what time it is!

Marina: It's Off the Hook, coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!

Pearl: It has been over a year since our finale Splatfest, won by the former Inkling, Meggy Spletzer.

Jessica: (Rubs her daughter's hair) That's our daughter!

Meggy: (Blushes) Mom!

Pearl: And a lot of people have been missing them. But that was the last for certain reasons, that everyone knows, so we don't have to explain it.

Marina: But we are bring back Turf Wars for fun. Now, lets cut to Callie and Marie for citizens of Inkopolis, for their perspectives of Turf Wars coming back.

(We then cut Marie and Callie on the streets)

Callie: Thanks, Marina. We're here on the streets ready to ask people about the Turf Wars coming back.

(Cut to Callie interviewing a male Inkling)

Callie: What do you think of the Turf Wars coming back?

Male Inkling: Well, I wasn't a fan of Turf Wars, but I'm sure that others will enjoy now that they're back.

(Cut to Marie interviewing a male and a female Inklings)

Marie: What do you two think of Turf Wars coming back?

Female inkling: We do a lot of challenges so with the Turf Wars back, we're gonna have a lot of fun!

Male Inkling 2: Yeah!

(Cut to Marie and Callie interviewing a female Inkling with a mask covering her mouth, sunglasses, and a hat)

Marie: How about you ma'am?

Callie: What do you think of Turf Wars coming back?

Female Inkling 2: I think it's gonna fun having them back- Name's Kenya by the way- But I talk about the other thing that was addressed?

Callie: What other thing?

Kenya: The thing about the last Splatfest winner.

Callie/Marie: Meggy?

Kenya: Yeah. How she somehow won!

(The ones watch got confused by this)

Kenya: Now, I want to say Meggy herself seems mostly likely to win... As in inkling that is. But her human form, maybe. But even with her skills, it doesn't make up for her terrible team!

(Meggy slowly got more pissed at her)

Kenya: Now that red plumber, I kinda see potential with I saw what he did when he first joined the team, but the others? Yeah. I can't believe she won with that cowardly green plumber and pathetic blue gamer girl-

(Suddenly the station gets a call)

Callie: Our station has a call in system?

Marie: I guess so.