𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

The story ends there, so Sunghoon closes his journal and look to her now that he have finished, but she does not look back. Instead she is staring out the window at the garden, where the other lost souls met their family and friends.

For the whole year, the daily pattern has not changed. Every afternoon, after he left the training center, he will spend the day in Mi-sun's private hospital room. He always feel sadness whenever he laid his eyes on her, the girl had survived the fall and the reporters make him out as a hero for saving her in time, while not knowing she means more to him.

Just like what the doctors recommended to him, he reads their memories to her every day because it is something he must do. Besides, he have no idea how to spend his time than to be with her and to be honest, he'd rather not get his hopes down for her sake.

He spend his nights alone because they're not allowing him to visit her after dark and though he agreed with them, sometimes he break the rules with the help of Jake, he'll distract the nurses while Sunghoon sneaked to her room and watch her while she sleeps.

And when he looks at her face, a face he knew better than his own, he wonders if just like the other assumptions, if the people who have amnesia - their former selves was wandering around in their subconscious. He wished she was happy there with her brother.

Soon, his own will return to Seoul and he was hoping for Jay to meet her as well.

Sunghoon shuffle towards her and sit in the chair besides her bed. He reach for her hand and take it, slender and fragile. It feels nice. At least, she responds with a twitch, and gradually her thumb begins to softly rub his palm.

Minutes pass before she finally turns to him. She is crying. He smiles and release her hand, then takes out a handkerchief to wipe her tears, "Is the girl was saved again by her angel?", she looks as she said so and he wonder what he is thinking.

Before he could give her a reply, the light rain begins to fall. Little drops tap gently on the window. He takes her hand again as he smiled, he can't help it. It was going to be a good day.

"Yes, she's still alive and fighting back to the world", he tells Mi-sun.

"Where is she now?", she asks, her voice lighter than a feather.

"She's here", he says again, just as he do everytime on chances like this. He have learned to be patient.

Mi-sun studies his face, "They are real as us?", she asks, it was all she can do after she wokes up from the coma.

Sunghoon smiles, "Yes, and the boy never waited for the girl to remember", he says quietly, "In the end of the day, he trusted her to return back to him"

She does not know what to think about this but does not question him further. Instead she begins to look at the window, a soft smile gracing her lip as the rainy days seems to thrill her often, which is a good sign. It could remind her of memories gone by, if it would work.

They sit quietly for a while, enjoying something beautiful together. Then it is lost, and she sighs, "I have to ask you something else"

"Whatever it is, I'll try to answer"

She does not look at him and he cannot see her eyes. This is how she hide her thoughts. Some things never change even if the person forgot themselves it seems.

"Take your time", Sunghoon says gently. He know what she will ask and he always did.

Finally, Mi-sun turns to him and looks into his eyes. She offers a gentle smile, the kind you share to a nice stranger, not your lover.

"I don't want to hurt your feelings because they said I'm important to you, but...", she pauses, and he waited.

Her words will hurt him, and Sunghoon was already used to it by now. They will tear another piece of his heart and leave a scar.

"who are you?"

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Why do you keep waiting for a girl everyone was unsure if she'll remember again?", this is the first question Jay had thrown to him.

They were now in their favorite restaurant from their childhood times. Like them, there had been so many changes inside. From the people to the interior designs and yet in a way, they're still the same little boys who loved the food there.

Sunghoon had assumed they will be awkward to each other. But upon seeing eye to eye, Jay pulled him in a hug and there's so many tears that rains down on their shirt. In the end, as if no time had passed at all between them, they were laughing before their conversation drifted to the person on why Jay is here.

With a wistful sigh, Sunghoon admitted, "If you really love the person, you will never get tired of waiting for them no matter how long it takes"

Jay nodded, "It brought me back to the time our mom used to say this one thing about destiny", he sighs, taking a sip of his drink, "You want to hear it?"

"Please", Sunghoon looks at him, seeing he have matured through the years.

There is so much about his brother that he doesn't understand anymore. At least, he's still there.

"If you really love that person, learn to wait. Maybe you are not meant to be together for today, but meant to be in the future"

Sunghoon closes his eyes and allows his emotion to the job, as those words escape his mouth at last, "I wonder how many more worries I'll have to count before I can see the rainbow"

If not for Jay holding onto him, Sunghoon swear he would break down in the middle of a public place for everyone to see. Long periods of his life seemed to have vanished. And even now as he was pulled into an embrace of his last family, he cannot remember the event of his life other than the ones with her.

There are times he sat by to watch Mi-sun and wonder where it all has gone.

The more I cry, the more I feel
Until my voice runs out.

───※ ·❆· ※───

One more chapter... ❤︎