Chapter 19: Promoted

21 BBY - 10 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

Aayla, Bly, and Reno were watching a holomovie in medbay when the doors slid open. The lights automatically turned on, blinding the movie viewers.

"Someone's here to see you, General." Sid's voice was crisp as he spoke.

"Tell them to come in." Aayla said as Bly helped her sit up all the way.

Shortly after, a man in a long brown robe walked in the room. Then another one. Following them was a small Togruta with a pep in her step.

"Knight Secura!" The small Togruta said cheerfully with a smile. "I'm so glad your safe!" She stood in front of Aayla awkwardly. "Can I hug you? Or..."

Ayala laughed at the Padawan's question. "Of course, Ahsoka."

After Ahsoka's light hug, one of the two men spoke up and bowed. "Knight Secura."

"Master Kenobi, Skywalker."

"The council sends their best wishes." Obi-Wan spoke up.

"I thank them."

Anakin elbowed the older Jedi in the side. "And...."

"And they wish for you to come meet them in the near future."

"If it's about the chip, I had confirmation it had been delivered to the council."

"Yes, it has been." Obi-Wan reassured her. "The topic is... something else."

"I see. When would they like me there, Master?"

"Tomorrow if possible."

"I can be there." Aayla said confidently. Even though she knew it would be hard.

"Masters, can I stay here and talk? Please." Ahsoka begged her Master and Obi-Wan.

"Fine, Snips. But I expect you back by 20:00." Anakin said to his padawan.

"Thanks Skyguy!!"

.oOo.

The next morning, Aayla spent an hour trying to get her normal outfit on. Which was hard with only one functional arm, but she was determined.

"General, you are going in a wheelchair."

"Sid, come on."

"Nope. I can out rank you if it's for medical reasons and I say wheelchair."

"Bly, help me out here."

"Sorry, but I'm agreeing with Sid. Can't have you getting hurt worse."

"Fine." Aayla pouted.

The grand doors to the Jedi Council chambers slid open and the masters welcomed Aayla in. She rolled the chair into the center of the room and greeted them politely.

"Knight Secura, done well, you have." Master Yoda spoke kindly.

"Not only have you received the chip for the council, you saved the lives of almost two-hundred civilians." Master Kenobi said.

"Even if they were your enemy." Mace Windu straightened the wrinkles in his robe.

"Which shows your strengths and your willingness to help others, even those who are against you." Depa said, almost as if she was defending Aayla against her former master.

"Thank you, masters." Aayla said from the center of the room.

"We are all truly sorry about the injuries you sustained from your heroics." Shaak Ti smiled at Aayla.