𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Chapter two: Welcome to the life of Victoria Benavent ★───────

I was in the library reading my comfort book "Twilight". I just wanted to get away from all those judgy looks, from being the centre of attention for the day. I was flipping the pages, the smell of paper and the sound of rain outside soothing me, making me feel comfortable.

"Team Edward or Team Jacob?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see Guzman, his facial expression all serious. I chuckled.

"What a metaphor Guzman. I'm not dumb." I shut the book. "Team Edward? Rich vampire, always gets what he wants. All the women are mesmerised by his beauty. Very cocky and confident, big family. Gets the girl in the end. Or team Jacob? Brunette boy, alpha. The girl falls for Edward first, but when he leaves her she jumps straight into Jacob's arms seeking comfort. Doesn't get what he wants, doesn't get the girl. Has to suffer, watching her walk away with the boy who was his enemy at the start but ends up being one of his closest friends."

"I'm team Edward." Guzman grinned.

"And there's Bella." I cut him off. "Sad girl, stuck between those two men. Doesn't know which one to pick, as she loves both of them, yet her love for Edward is different to her love for Jacob. It's obvious she'll pick Edward in the end, is that what you want to hear?"

"So you're team Edward, right?" He grinned as I got up.

"Team Alice if anything." I glared at him and walked out.

"But who's Alice ? Rebeka?" Guzman called out but I just decided to ignore him.

"Hey hey hey hey, we need to talk." Rebe stopped. Ander was standing beside her, staring at me
intently.

"What do you want to talk about?" I shrugged.

"Let's sit down, shall we." Ander interjected as he grabbed my hand and lead me back into the library. Guzman wasn't there anymore, probably left through the exit entrance. We sat down at the table.

"How have you been girl?" Rebe broke the silence.

"Eh, I've been better." I smiled miserably.

"Yes, I can clearly see that."

"Rebe!" Ander scolded her, before turning to me. "You know the two of us are here for you no matter what." He reached out for my hand and grabbed it across the table.

"Thank you guys, this really means a lot to me. Nobody else has realised I'm not doing the best at the moment." I thanked them.

"Victoria, no offence but you look terrible and we're worried." Rebeka sighed. "You look like you haven't slept in decades and you're so much thinner."

"Yes, look at your wrist." Ander held up my wrist for Rebe to see.

"It's because of the medication I'm taking. This is one of the side effects, honestly guys." I smiled.

"Okay, we just want you to get better." Ander lowered his voice by a tiny bit.

"I appreciate it." I quickly looked at my phone. "Okay you guys, I'm gonna head home. Seems like I'll be having a talk with my mums to protect Polo and shit. Welcome to my life!" I chuckled as I kissed Rebe's cheek, then Ander's and left them two alone.

***
I slammed my front door behind me for everyone to hear that I was back home. My mothers were already sat on the sofa waiting for me. I averted their gaze pretending I don't see them and made my way towards the stairs, to my bedroom.

"Don't act like you don't see us and come here, right now." My mum exclaimed but I kept on walking.

"Victoria Benavent! Come here, right now !" My other mum yelled at me. I rolled my eyes and went to the living room, sitting between them.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"You know you're one of Polo's accusers, right." She began.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on going. You're precious son is safe." I laughed mockingly and went upstairs.

As soon as I made it to my room, where I sat down and looked into the mirror. The sight of me looking so miserable caused streams of tears to roll down my face, completely smudging my make up. But I couldn't care less. I kept on staring at my own reflection; choking on my salty tears. I bit my lip too hard to stop any muffled cries from escaping my mouth as some blood dropped down my shirt. I swiftly wiped it off with my sleeve, although I liked the tiny stinging sensation i was feeling.

I got up and made my way to my drawer where I picked up a photo frame of me, Polo and Guzman. Seeing us all happy two years ago hurt; hurt deeply. I threw it across the room, causing it to shatter into tiny pieces, just as my heart shattered the day Polo got cuffed up.

What hurt the most was the fact that everyone let their stress and anger out on me. My mothers were stressed by the fact that their son is made out to be such a horrible person, a murderer and they fear that media will leak this information, which would worsen our reputation. They're stressed and terrified so they're letting it all out on me. Of course they believe Polo, they're angel like child, because Victoria as per usual is the bad one. Oh how could she make up such a lie to imprison her own brother for life. They were so blinded by him and the fact that their reputation was on the edge.

My classmates on the other hand, all hated Polo for what he did to Marina. I don't blame them at all, I hate him too. They have the right to do so. However, the fact that I'm Polo's sister makes me a horrible person too. A murderer. His accomplice. His partner in crime. I see those looks full of disgust they send my way as I walk past them. I hear all the fake rumours they are spreading about me. They're letting their anger towards Polo out on me. I used to be cold, tough, numb; but I just can't take this anymore.

I picked up a piece of glass, and took a deep breath. I dug it into my skin gently enough so I don't bleed out till death, yet painful enough for me to wince in pain and for tears to drop down my face. This pain made me feel so much better, made me feel like I'm stronger than I am, like I have control over things. Makes me feel powerful, yet I know it's wrong.

I collapsed onto my bed right after I bandaged my arm. I screamed into my pillow, letting all my emotions out. I wasn't alright. There hasn't been a night where I haven't cried myself to sleep, where I haven't had any weird nightmares, waking up crying and shaking uncontrollably. But this was everyday stuff for me; I got used to it. Welcome to the life of Victoria Benavent.