6 - Adventures

Flug sat in a spacious classroom while his teacher talked monotonously, periodically spacing out, which was very uncharacteristic of the top-of-the-class student.

To be fair, he just couldn't help but indulge in his troubled thoughts; sure, he still felt disrespectful and, frankly, guilty for not paying full attention like he usually does, but a part of him easily excused his behavior, because he didn't have a lot of lessons left to listen to anyway.

Tomorrow, he will start working for the infamous Black Hat himself, finally being able to play with the latest equipment, experiment with the most dangerous (and expensive) chemicals, live up to his endless potential, as well as see the main island he sometimes spares a glance for closer.

He knew he deserved the position — that wasn't what bothered him at all. What bothered him were his feelings towards his future boss. All-too-familiar shame bubbled inside him at the fact that Dem's no doubt playful teasing got to him, forcing him to discuss such a topic with himself. Although, this theme overall just confused him to no end and he figured he'd have to think about it eventually.

To be fair, he knew he was most likely the one to blame here. After all, nobody was rushing him to assume what his friend would ask.

So, he chose to confront the fact that he conjured up a crush. Right here, during the current chemistry lesson, because he knew he'd get distracted otherwise. Which is ironic, considering his current state. Though in his defense, he most likely knew the specific subject they were going over, anyway.

He had to admit, he had avoided any romantic feelings towards others very masterfully up until now. It wasn't that hard with his lack of social skills and overbearing interests, so he really couldn't be impressed by this, even though it was against the odds. He did a lot of things against the odds either way.

In the end, what once was a faraway, uninteresting topic, now turned into something relevant, and, by the looks of it, useful to have expertise in. He had heard how ignoring feelings of this type usually ends, and although he could admit he was probably being pretty pessimistic and selective, he thought he would like to prepare for the worst, as was always necessary in the field of villainy.

The worst was probably death, considering who he was harboring feelings for...

Huh. He really hasn't considered that all that much, has he? He probably should, though.

To start off, Black Hat was a very successful person, who would probably seek individuals at least comparable to himself in that factor. He might find advances of this kind inappropriate, as he is his boss, which is reasonable. He is also a... creature. Who might work differently. Who might not feel love at all, if he were to go off his public image. Despite being widely regarded male, he might not even have a gender!

Maybe the latter is why Flug is crushing on him in the first place. Because he's not gay, surely.

His avoidance of the topic only solidified his thought up confidence in his sexual orientation, thus most likely further swaying him from the right answer. For now, though, he didn't realize.

He had been teased for being queer before and, like all other hateful remarks about him, he quickly dismissed it as untrue, even though the hesitance always came back to him in his lowest moments. It kind of annoyed him how being gay was an insult, but he wasn't a social justice warrior, so he didn't bother further.

He was always very spiteful of those that hurt him, so, logically, he would do anything to prove them all wrong, at times subconsciously.

He felt very bitter at his situation, his brows furrowing in frustration under his bag. Why did he have to face this now? He's supposed to be smart, damn it, why couldn't he figure this out?