4 - Stay Tuned

Flug was standing next to his table, trying to remember where his phone was.

Once he finally located where he had put it, he had to bend down, opening one of the table's drawers and searching for his phone there. He then pulled it out, brought it up to his face, turning it on and quickly scanning the screen. He reminded himself that it was Wednesday, his eyes immediately darting to his notifications.

Unsurprisingly, there were a lot of messages from Dementia. To be exact, there were nine. He unlocked his phone, getting ready to read all of the texts the girl sent him.

These were some of the "notes", from the earliest to the latest:

"where r u??"
"Fluuuug"
"r u ok??"
"??????"

Judging by the time stamps, after these messages, Dementia had to go to class, so she didn't have time to text him more. After a second of thinking, Flug remembered that her first class today was a henchman class, which they normally attended together.

Of course, after the lesson, she wrote him again:

"Fluuuuug oml"
"professor Helfer told us that ure on an interview with Blackie!!!"
"and thats y ure not in class or w/e"
"is that true???"
"tell me when u cannn"

The last sms was sent about ten minutes ago, so he figured he could answer right away.

"I'm sorry I had you worried, Dem"
"Yes, Helfer did tell you the truth"

He sent two messages, immediately turning off the phone, expecting her to not text him right away. Although, he didn't even have time to place the phone back on the table - it vibrated in his hand, informing him that he got a notification. Which was predictably Dem's urgent response.

"woow!! actually??"
"that's so coooooll!!!!"
"you better not lie about this!!!"

He chuckled slightly at her response, imagining her eyes becoming stars because of how excited she was.

"I did have a talk with him, yeah"
"I told him about the origin of your powers, is that okay with you?"
"Just wanna make sure, you know"

He knew she wasn't keeping her past a secret, once she even told him she's proud of finding him and being determined enough to sit in his airless, stuffy lab practically all day, but he couldn't help himself and still had to ask.

"u told him bout meee???"
"omll Fluuuggg"
"you're the beeessstttt!!"

Flug muffled his already quiet laugh with his palm once again, going to sit on his bed, knowing this could be somewhat lengthy.

"How could I forget you, Dementia?"

"<333"

They then decided to continue talking. Eventually, it was time for their class, so Dem had to go, finally leaving the scientist alone. Flug did feel a little better because of the fact he didn't have to go to those boring classes, but he still had some guilt in him for not sticking with his only friend enough.

In the end, he did forget a lot of details he could tell her. Because of this, he decided to text her once again, telling her to visit him after the lessons for "some exciting stuff". He knew she would come anyways, but he couldn't help himself and just had to include a tone of surprise in there.