Chapter 4 - All Alone In This

Luke opened his eyes. Clementine had fallen asleep against his shoulder. They were still leaning against the tree. It was just a dream, thank god. Thought Luke. He looked over to Clementine, he felt tears fill up his eyes, this girl was so important. She has a huge impact on everyone who gets to know her, we love her. Before Luke could do anything Kenny came running past them, looking for them.

"Fuck- CLEM! CLEMENTINE!" He called out, then he turned around, only to see Luke sitting there, and Clementine asleep on his shoulder. Kenny's eye grew wide, and he exposed his teeth in anger.

"What the fuck did you do?!" He growled. Luke sat up, causing Clementine to slide down onto his lap.

"We went for a little walk last night and sat here. Ended up fallin' asleep, I guess." Explained Luke. He stretched and tried to wake up Clementine.

"Don't you touch her..." He gave Luke a disgusted look, and hoisted her up into his arms, and left without saying a single word. Luke was confused as he sat there, looking blankly. He got up and caught up to Kenny.

"W-what happened?" He asked, still out of breath from running.

"Ya fuckin' kept Clem up all night, god fuckin' knows what y'all did." Kenny mumbles. Luke flashes him a disgusted look.

"The fuck do ya think we did?" He asked. Kenny didn't reply, just looked at him from the side of his vision. "I ain't lyin', we sat there all night talking and doing nothing." He stressed.

"Look, I jus' don't want my girl hangin' 'round ya." Luke looks away.

"Well tough shit, she ain't ya girl, now is she?" Kenny turned to Luke and gave him a furious look.

"She ain't my fuckin' girl, but she was Lee's and I'm lookin' out for her 'cause he can't." Kenny continued to walk. "Look, I know how it is 'cause there ain't no ladies 'round, but it's my job to keep her away from people like you."

Luke's face turned dark red. "So that's what you think happened?!" Exclaimed Luke. Kenny gave him a serious look.

"She may not act like it, but she's jus' a kid. 'Nd you're a man. 26, right?" Luke scowled at Kenny's remark.

"27 soon."

"'xactly my point. You're a man, she is 11." Kenny looked at Clementines sleeping face.

"But I can guarantee you that whatever you think happened last night between Clementine and I, didn't!"

They reached the group and Luke piped down. Bonnie stood up and walked to them. "Thank god."

"Did the others get back yet ?" Asked Kenny.

"Well, Mikes still out with Rebecca. And Janes out on her own."

Kenny placed Clementine gently on a few pieces of cardboard.

"Spent all night checkin' this place out, 'lot a cool history facts here. Fake machine guns, fake cannons, etc. Found jackets from old WWII reenactments." Luke looked all around.

"Guessin' the cannons and machine guns didn't work?" Mike walked in behind Luke and replied for Bonnie. "Nope, they fillem with cement, so they're safe to use for the reenactments."