Chapter Eight

———————————————————————

(I can't put the video in. Whoops-)

———————————————————————

CW: Fear, panic

———————————————————————

~1-T POV~

Click!

"Do you think he's gone?" Brother asks, standing in front of the lasers.

"Lights out usually means he's headin home. We should be good." I say, messing with the color cube. I actually manage to solve it somehow. "Want it?" I hold it out to him. "I'm bored."

"Can you really not see anything?" He then stands in front of me.

"That's what I told him."

"I want to try."

"C'mon bro, I'm tired."

"Brother..." He groans.

"Ok, ok."

"Take my hand." He says as he sits down.

"Why?" I ask, putting the cube down.

"I think it'll help."

"Heh, alright. If you say so." I then put my hands in his and we close our eyes.

"What do you see?"

I'm surrounded by purple and black, and some bright orangish red, as well as a hint of neon green. I can't see what it is. It just looks like a blob. I appear to be lower than said blob. My hands are in front of me, as if I was defending myself or something.

"Purple, black, orange, and... Bright green..." I say slowly. "What about you?"

~2-B POV~

White. All I see is white. I see a figure come closer. The figure has white as well, and black. And maybe some hints of green and red.

"I see... White... And some black, and a little green and red."

~1-T POV~

"Brother, do you know what this means?" He says as we open our eyes. "Brother, we're not here." He says as he cups my face with his hands, smiling. "Someday we're going to get out of here! Someday we're going to be free!"

I stare into his eyes for a moment. I begin to tear up. "... I hope so..." He brings me into a hug as I bury my face in his chest, beginning to cry. He glows as I do. "... God, I hope so..."

———————————————————————

"I'm dying... I'm dying. I'm dying." I say softly, hyperventilating while I'm curled up in a ball, my head on Brother's lap. He rubs my head as he tries to calm me down.

"You're not dying, you're going to be ok. This happens every time he does one of these, remember? And you got through all of those ok. Don't worry."

"It's not the same, it's not... I saw..."

I see the colors again, this time, with more detail. I saw the blob had hands, blood covering them. I don't know if it's mine or not.

"I saw the colors again... Black, purple, orange, green. This time, I saw red, too." I say. "Those colors, over and over... And then... And then it all just stopped. There was nothing and it won't... There was just... Nothing and it won't... It won't go away."