𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃

IVY COVERED her ears at the sound of someone rapidly ringing the bell on the counter. She looked past Robin, who was still trying to figure out the code, to see Erica Sinclair and all her friends.

"Excuse me!" Erica said as she rang the bell. "Ahoy!"

Robin sighed and turned towards the girl as she took her headphones off.

"I'd like to try the peanut butter and chocolate swirl, please," Erica smiled.

"No. No more samples today," Ivy groaned, finally leaving the back room.

"Why not?"

"Because you're abusing our company policy," Robin responded this time.

"Where's the sailor man?"

"Sorry, he can't help you. He's busy."

"Busy with what?"

"Spycraft," Ivy smirked.

"The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. A trip to China sounds nice if you tread lightly," Robin read out while Ivy was leaning against the counter across from her, trying to balance a cup on her head.

"At this point, I don't think it means anything anymore," Ivy sighed, letting the cup fall into her hands.

"Tread lightly?" Robin whispered to herself, opening the translation book.

Ivy's sighed when there was a knocking on the back room door. She watched as Robin opened the window separating the main area and the back room and turn herself and slip through. She was looking at her nails and picking at the chipped black paint when Robin ran by her muttering something under her breath.

"Robin?" Ivy shouted. "Where are you going?"

"Silver cat!" Robin shouted back only making the girl more confused. She sighed before taking off after her, running right by Dustin and Steve. "A trip to China sounds nice." Robin muttered, turning in circles, looking at her surroundings. She repeated the sentence until her eyes landed on the Imperial Panda in the food court. "If you tread lightly." Her eyes landed on Kaufman Shoes. "When -- when blue meets yellow in the west." Robin turned herself towards the giant clock with blue and yellow hands.

"Robin," Steve said as he and Dustin walked up to stand next to Ivy who still looked confused, not seeing where the girl was looking. "What are you doing?"

"I cracked it."

"Cracked what?" Ivy asked.

"I cracked the code."

That night, the group of four were on the roof in the rain, looking at the men who were loading the boxes with giant guns in their hands.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes," Robin told them.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock," Dustin said, looking through his binoculars.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve asked.

"Guns, bombs?" Dustin guessed.

"Chemical weapons?" Robin added.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth," Ivy said, squinting through the rain, barely making out the shapes of the men with guns.

"Great. That's great."

"Hey, what's in there?" Robin asked as they watched a guy open a pair of doors with a keycard.

"It's just more boxes," Dustin told her. 

"Let me check it out," Steve said, reaching for the binoculars.

"No, I'm still looking."

"Lemme see it."

The two dumbasses dropped the binoculars on the roof, making a loud thud. They all ducked as the men on the ground looked for the sound. Robin's hand gripped Ivy's, hard. The two looked at each other, breathing heavily, before dropping their hands. Ivy soon missed the warmth of Robin's hand in hers.

"Well, I think we found your Russians," Robin said as they walked through the back hallway, back inside the mall.

It's been a while. oops. haha anyways here's a rare chapter. don't know how often i'll actually update this since i'm mostly focusing on my modern family fic since that's doing the best.