xxix. for the girls

"psst!" a hazy voiced hissed. "get up." taehyung opened his eyes and saw a smiley hoseok tapping him awake. "let's eat. it's time for lunch."

he lazily dragged his way to the dining hall along with the guys and went in line to get food, pulling out the thousand won in his pocket. in the corner of his eye, he saw three very expensive looking girls and took a glance. where was jisoo?

he looked at lisa with the question of his best friend's whereabouts in his gaze. lisa only smirked and glanced behind them. when taehyung took a look, he saw eunwoo walking side by side with jisoo, carrying two boxes of pizza while jisoo carried some drinks. and wow, he must've been saying something really funny because jisoo was all smiles. like, childish, mouth open kind of smile.

taehyung scoffed.

he was taken back to reality when jimin grabbed his shoulder and shook it, motioning to the very sleep deprived looking lunch lady, her expression saying some along the lines of 'you want food or what?'.

taehyung muttered an apology and got his lunch, wanting to get out of everybody's way.

"hey, are you sitting with joy today?" yoongi asked, stuffing his tteokboki in his mouth. taehyung nodded and made his way to his girlfriend as the guys made their way to where they usually sat, with the girls.

"hey, babe." he said to joy, sitting down next to her and giving her a little peck on the cheek. "hey, hon." she said back before going back to her conversation about some boy band with yeri and wendy.

he went to eat his jjajangmyeon, blowing on it because it was still hot when he caught a glimpse of where the guys were sitting. "unbelievable," he uttered to himself.

eunwoo was sitting with them all and they seemed like they were totally having the time of their lives! the girls were totally eating him up and the guys were munching on the pizza he got like they were starving. ugh. whatever.

he still glared at the back of the youngers head, though. and almost like she could feel it, jisoo turned her head around. and before taehyung could avert his stare, it was too late, he had been caught.

but instead of a questioning glare, jisoo had given him a warm smile. to which he smiled back, of course.

she mouthed him a small "you okay?" and he nodded. after a second, she was still looking so taehyung mouthed "go eat." at her with a funny expression. she simply scrunched her nose and took a sip of her sprite.

and just like that, their little moment was over and they were back to realizing that they were worlds away from each other.