Let Me Help

Requested

The Reader has a bad day, and Venom is there to help:)
______

Today wasn't your day, everything was just so out of place. School and work was just literal hell. You just wanted to go home and lay down, it didn't make it any better that Venom threaten to kill the people who accidentally overstepped your boundaries and those who did on purpose. You grew tired from the inside voice always asking this and that, when you wanted peace, maybe even a snack since you didn't feel good.

Then it started raining, Venom asked if he could be of help by going into an umbrella, but you didn't want attention and people asking what exactly was attached to you. So you turned the offer down, it felt a little better to be wet. But you'd soon be feeling the effects of it soon. The front office worker gave you a nasty look as you walked in, soaked with rain water as it leaked off your hair and clothing, trailing behind you. You then left a puddle in middle of the elevator, your neighbors standing there, waiting for their turn to come. They cursed at you since they didn't want to get their shoes wet. You couldn't care less, everything felt... bad.

You unlocked the door, slamming it and throwing your keys on the kitchen island, checking your phone as it was almost 2:30, 2:28 to be exact. And walking over to the couch, all you wanted to do was cry your eyes out and stay there, "y/n? What are you doing?" "Trying to actually be positive for once today" you mumbled from the couch, so many opportunities popped into your head as what to do, you could cook? No, too much work, not hungry. Read? Reading gets boring, especially if it's just another cliché romance novel. Or you could just sulk around, do nothing and feel bad? Yeah, yeah that sounds great!

The bad news was that there was no way you could go to sleep in middle of the day, the sun was still out, that just wasn't right. But you were so tired, there's a difference between sleeping and taking a nap. "I still think they're both the same" "I swear. I'm going to give you over to Eddie." You said through an oncoming headache, then your stomach grumbled. Making another ache appear, maybe you deserved this. It sure felt like it, but there Venom was. Taking them away and once again making you feel nothing. "Leave me alone V" You whined, he groaned to himself, commenting about how you were bringing the mood down and he didn't like the way you felt.

"You're hungry" when it finally felt like you could sleep, there Venom was. Pointing out the obvious. You pushed his words away, trying to get that sleepy feeling again, somehow you couldn't. The rain wouldn't let up, and so wouldn't that heater. Which meant blankets. Plenty and plenty of blankets. Good, you needed something to clean up the tears. "Could you stop?" Venom growled out, already getting fed up with your emotions he also had to deal with. He did not like it one bit, if you weren't going to stop, then he would surely do something about it. You sighed out, turning around and laying on your back, staring at the ceiling. Your eyes wandered over the patterns, something caught your eye every now and then.

You soon relaxed, scooting further into the cushions and holding a pillow. A certain pillow Venom wanted to be. He'd been quiet for a long time after your emotions. Hatred and feeling bad mostly. He didn't say anything, once he knew that you felt a bit better, sleep making you slur a bit and slightly out of your usual self. He took his chance  "Y/n?" He tried to whisper, but failed, startling you a bit. He felt relieved when you let out a small "hm?" He swore he melted when you answered so softly and with your voice being so frail. "Maybe you should go to bed? It's 7 about to be 8" you slowly opened your eyes, slightly shocked at how long he stayed quiet and how long you were there.

You leaned up, about to rub the sleep from your eyes, but venom stopped you. "Don't do that, you'll be going to bed" you nodded along with his comments, and his help. You made it to bed, sitting at the edge, still fully clothed. Your current outerwear was damp, so you had to change. You fell limp as Venom did the honors of changing you. He only questioned in short words, not really wanting you to wake up and not go back to sleep, since you needed it. He grabbed Anne's oversized grey sweater from the top drawer, bringing it over you as you moved into the mattress. Halfway through, you laid on the blankets as your head hit the pillows. He didn't mind as he grabbed the blankets and covered you, he did this almost every time you came back late from work, or haven't slept because your school work was late.

He fixed your form, making sure to lay you on your left side so as to not get sick later on. He pushed you towards the wall while the right side of the bed was empty. He grew full body from your shoulder and hip, he was larger than you, so he shield you from any danger that came through. It pretty much became an instinct to sleep like that since you always had nightmares, and he was there to help. Now you were half awake, the feeling of the day brought back the feelings. "Ugh, I feel so.. bad" you almost sobbed out, but Venom drew you in closer to his chest. He was never one for emotions since they were always so confusing.

Humans from his perspective are the most confusing race he's stumbled upon. They come in many different ways, you're all humans, doesn't mean that that lady is your sister? Could that guy be your uncle or your distant cousin? No? They're strangers? But you're all human. Just because you're human doesn't mean your one family on an entire planet. Strange. What confuses him even more is when emotions are involved. One minute you could be happy and the next you're mad because some lady gave you a mean look. And then the next you're crying, for who knows what? Then you're happy again because of a compliment. Which are just words. How?

So what he's doing, was not something new, but he knew that just physical contact could help. And he had this in mind for some time. You pushed him away a bit, "I'm fine Venom" there you go again, you were tired, not wanting to do anything, then you were happy, then you were about to cry and now you're cranky? He pulled you back in against him, despite your protest, you found it to be endearing. Something about him, a big burly alien holding you close, almost engulfing you in its arms was trying to be affectionate. "You are the most confusing human I've ever met" he rambled on, he seemed tired of your attitude, "but there's no one else I'd rather put up with, than you... except Eddie. He just lays there and is almost always tired" you laughed at his ending speech.

And there you two laid, his warm body pressed tightly against you as he was always a heater at the ready. Your legs were trapped as Venoms leg fell over yours, you were almost completely hidden from the world in his arms, and it felt nice. He immediately caught on since he couldn't feel your desire to snap at him or to be sad about something was gone. It was just little ol' you who was happy with a sleepy state. All the more better. His one action. The one action he learned actually helped. He didn't think it would, but if it worked on you when you were at your lowest, then again, he wouldn't mind doing this all over again. It would probably come as another instinct, one he would make sure to never forget.

He didn't leave, he knew the air was cold with a little breeze here and there, so he kept holding you throughout the night, making sure you stayed warm and if it got too cold. He would gently pull you back in, not wanting to move your current state seeing as you were comfortable, so he tried his best not to move any part of you. Just enough for him to wrap you in his grasp. Whenever you did leave his arms, he would keep an eye on you, if he seen you shiver once, back in his chest you would be, especially being out in the rain, he wouldn't want you to get sick. To be honest, he liked this, maybe even loved it. Who knew pathetic physical motions could make one feel better? Oh well, he would gladly do it again anytime.
______
Once again, requested. And I hope you like it^^