Chapitre Dix-Sept

Chapter 17

The sun rose to the sky the next morning, but I didn't care. I closed my eyes, drifting back to sleep beside the enormous, gorgeous waterfall. When the heat became too much to bare at the sun's peak, I took a quick, 5 - minute dip in the small lake under the roaring fall. Soon, I got out, shaking my fur out.

My father's burning anger of my absence flared throughout me for hours after hours. He was angry and worried. However, I felt him attempt to bury it deep within him as to not alert anyone. Inside, he knew I was grown and could defend myself, but I was still a teenager. A minor. I still had a lot to learn.

Therefore, being in rogue territory alone wasn't supposed to be an option. But I needed the breather to calm down and relax. You could practically smell the freedom in the air in rogue territory. It was refreshing. A few dozen snarls and snapping jaws broke me from my thoughts. I whipped around, facing them head on.

"Such a pretty she-wolf," one cooed. I snarled at them when they stepped closer...and closer...and closer. What now? I crouched in my defensive mode, continuing to growl in warning. Suddenly something towered over me with the deadliest snarl I have ever heard.

"Y-You're Majesty..." a brown wolf said. In simplest terms, they looked petrified.

"Joden?" I asked quietly. The growling ceased as he ducked his head to lick my cheek in comfort.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I should have followed you." He was upset and rigid. I hated myself for doing this to him. He snarled once more at the rogues. I sensed his hesitation to harm them in any way. Most likely because of me. It was always my fault for everything. I was just another burden. "Come along. Stay under me."

I whimpered quietly, folding my ears back. I glanced at the rogues one last time before leaving with Joden. We stayed quiet until we safely reached the boarder where the rest of the council stood. I would have cried if I were in my human form, but I didn't as I raced towards my father's wolf. He nuzzled my back with his chin in relief. I knew I would be in trouble.

"You had me worried," he said.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," I whimpered.

"Come along. Let's get further into the territory." Father nudged my behind with his muzzle, indirectly telling me to go. I started walking, but I paused when I heard nothing but silence behind me. I turned around. Father just stood there with his chest out and head high while some of the council watched him. "Run along. I'll be right behind you."

I decided to just stay quiet this time. I had a small feeling that he would discuss my punishment with the council for their opinions. I've never ran away before. This was a first. I've always obeyed my father. I ducked my head with a small nod, and I turned away.

"Let's not get the wrong idea here, Kid," Ansel of South America said. "We're not here to be your enemy."

Yeah, right, I thought. I shook my head, running away from them.

"Jazlynn!" Dad hollered. I didn't stop. I kept running. I heard growls behind me, and I made the mistake to look back. Caine. Dominic. I tore my eyes away, continuing my journey home.

Soon, I was hopping up the mansion's steps, going through the doggy door. Yes. We do, indeed, have a doggy door. It's easier to use in wolf form. I ran to my room, slamming the door shut before locking it with my paws. I whined.

"I was wondering when you were going to come home," I heard a voice say. I turned to lock eyes with Sylver. I whimpered once more as he came up to me, picking up my wolf with ease. I licked his cheek as an apology. He closed his eyes, stroking my fur gently with his thumb. "I'm right here, Little One. Relax now."

75 votes1000 viewers30-32 comments

75 votes
1000 viewers
30-32 comments

I'm only updating on Holidays.
Bumping up the viewers again because there are 900+ right now.
Also will be 50 added instead of 25.

HAPPY 1K!!!

🎄   🎄   🎄   🎄   🎄
MERRY CHRISTMAS
🐖  🐾  🎁  ☐  👪  ❤

NEXT UPDATE: NEW YEARS
(January 1st)

I'm so sorry, everyone! I completely forgot about updating! I did not mean to forget! Merry belated Christmas, and Happy Holidays!