♕︎ 0.9

The day of the wedding arrived quickly, and there's no doubt that everybody was excited about it

The quicker it happened, the less time they had to come up with reasons to pressure you into giving an heir. You had spent every moment leading up to the wedding being swarmed by visitors of the court and you have no time to breath for yourself or to either lament about it to Sunghoon who have other duties to attend to.

But then, every night you always received a visit from him where it would be enough for you to sleep in his arms and knowing that you'll wake up to his absence the next day.

That alone was enough for you to wish for the wedding to come, so that you and him will finally be allowed inside the same room. Although, following to your wish, Sunghoon pushed the idea of having a conceiving of child in front of so many people who wanted to watch it in your designated chambers.

As a tradition of the English royalties, the news of it was not received well and was far from favored by anyone who's in power. But can they really stop the soon-to-be King's wish to be private?

The thought of doing it all in front of a hundred scares you or ticked you so much when your mother suggested it that you hid from your room all day.

But now that it was here and Sunghoon made sure that everything was to your liking, you were perfectly contented as you faced the mirror and sat through all the preparations with all the obedience that you possesed. For once, your mother stepped aside according to your husband's wish for her to stay put in the ceremony.

As Sunghoon liked to say, this is your special day with him. Everything must go according to your taste, so there should be no one stressing you even at the start of the day.

"Is she ready yet?", the sister of Sunghoon asked impatiently from the other side of the door. You laughed a bit, knowing that to all of the people, she's probably the most excited one for this day.

Cirilla who had been considerably elevated up to be your lady-in-waiting answered to her, "Just putting on her veil now, Princess Yeji"

In her only one gesture, the maids carefully lowered down the veil to your head and had made sure to get out of the way of your face, so that everyone in the church part of Sunghoon's palace can see it clearly - the blushing bride of the century.

"And there, she's ready", Cirilla added after they fiddled with the tiara atop the bun in your head. The same tiara Sunghoon's mother wore in her own wedding and now you were wearing it as a symbolism of every woman beside the man in the throne.

When you hear a squeal from the younger Princess, you gestured for your maids to open the door and reveal you to her. Your soon-to-be sister in law gasped at the sight of you as she slowly entered the room. You smiled, looking down at the wedding gown she personally choose you. To make short of description, you looked like a white flower blossoming in her peakest point of being a delicate and beautiful creation of the God himself.

The first thing you as you walked over to her is to take her hand. "I thank you for choosing this gown for me, sister-in-law", you said, and she looked down over your dress with her most joyful smile.

Like every normal young Princess nearing their fifteen, she had certainly grown more beautiful from the first time you've seen her. "Oh, it's nothing. There's nothing more I wanted than to be a maid of honor for my brother's big day", she smiled when you sweetly kiss her in the cheek to show gratitude. "I'm glad I'm gaining a sister like you"

"And no one is luckier than to have someone like you in their side"

There was a knock on the door, cutting your precious time with her and a butler came in to tell you that the carriage that would run up the whole perimeter of the Palace was here - they only do it for you to be seen by the waiting people outside the gates. The same people who will be looking up to you as their Queen soon.

"I will get your father now", the sister of Sunghoon said, excusing herself with a bow before leaving you in the room.

He soon came and smiled wildly when you nearly throw yourself into him for a hug. "You'll never really change, my baby girl", he said, quickly getting tearful when he pulled away and watched you get the bouquet of white flowers from Cirilla

"Don't cry, father or you'll make me cry too and it would make me ugly for today", you joked, earning a little chuckle from him.

But you both know that even if he's a serious king, he's still an emotional man behind the throne. Between him and your mother, he had always been the one to let you do as you see fit. It was because in his opinion, the sisters he have like your Aunt Ophelia, they have all grown accustomed to the old ways.

That's must be why they were so horrified to see you drenching them with a bucket of water when they once spend an afternoon in the garden.

They even said that if your grandmother was still alive, she'll try to control you to be a mannerly princess with metal in her hands. Thankfully, she died way too soon and you're not the least bit sorrowful at having not meet her.

Once you were already guided by your father to the open carriage, with him going inside the one for him and as soon as the carriage began to trot away, you noticed the crowd into a distant gate. They were all a crowd od cheering people who even throws flowers, petals of white as you rode before them. You waved happily, making sure to openly show that you're glad they bothered to visit even if they were not allowed inside the church.

Only the ones who received an invitation is the ones present.

I'm getting married, you think, marveling at the very idea of it. To the man who bought this once, but now he's the one that I needed in my life.

You've known this all for months - that you're starting a new life today, a life with your Prince - but until now it was only ever just words, the vaguest of notions, the kind of future occasions that seem like it might not ever actually happen.