𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Shortly after leaving him in the Scottish land, you were moved to this Manor you could only dream of to have before

It stood near an ocean where it was surrounded by the vineyard of grapes and you personally had an attachment to the fragrance of the place because of the grapes. Only later did you find out that it was owned by Prince Jaeyun, that he gifted to you soon after finding about the heir.

After living there within eight months, and with Sunghoon choosing to move in the month of your designated end of pregnancy, you had gotten so comfortable leaving there - away from any expectations of the royal courts - much to everyone's displeasure, you even had chosen to birth your child there. Sunghoon, ever the worrier, insisted that you changed your mind and make arrangements to leave for their Kingdom.

You simply didn't listen to him as always.

And now, after a long hours of labors and screaming profanities to the midwife, you lay exhausted against the pillow of your bed.

Your son, a precious gift lay at your chest with his eyes closed and you looked down at his father. He knelt on the floor beside the bed, face paler tha normal from the sheer ordeal. When the servants finish cleaning the room, you adjusted your nightrobes and stroked a hand over your son's cheeks tenderly.

Sunghoon simply continued to watch his son with rapt attention, refusing to look away even when you kiss him softly in his small head. You reached out for his father and framed his cheeks. He nuzzled into it, closing his eyes in content at the thought of you and the baby being a family now.

Your smile softened as you drew your hand over the arch of his nose. "What are you thinking about?", you asked quietly, shuffling against the pillows behind your back to be more comfortable.

"Your father's will for him", Sunghoon said and the answer was so out of the blue, that your brows rose even as you nodded slowly.

Six months ago, your father had died from a severe case of Uremia. He more than anyone, more than your mother even, was overjoyed with the news that his line would be continuing on. However, he never got to meet his grandchild.

In his will, he had left the entirety of his power behind the throne to your son. And a part of the will included a letter, one that Sunghoon was only to open when he finally become a father to an heir.

That was why when Sunghoon snuck away, less than an hour after you had given birth, especially when you saw him retrieve it from the pocket of his trousers. Although you're curious what your father had written in the letter, you certainly wasn't going to pry until Sunghoon was willing to tell you.

With a sigh, Sunghoon reached out to brush a finger over a fine, dark baby hair. "The letter spoke over the duties of a father"

"The duties of a father?", you prompted quietly.

"He said a father is supposed to protect his own", Sunghoon got a faraway look in his eyes, continuing to speak softly. "He wanted me to treat my son the way he treated you. He wanted me to promise that any of our children shouldn't have to be pressured by the affairs of the court"

You watched Sunghoon in silence. He was lost in his thoughts, continuing to brush his thumb over the top of your son's head. The repetitive motion was so gentle and absentminded as he sorted through his thoughts. Even in that way, with him a little sweaty, he still looks the same, handsome. What more if he already becomes King?

Silently, he leaned in to press a kiss in your son's head, and murmured, "Sung-ho" against his forehead. "How about that?"

"Sung-ho means successor and greatness. That's very befitting of him for my father", you added, looking to him to correct you.

Sunghoon held your gaze for a long moment before nodding. He looked down at his son with a smile, "Prince Park Sung-ho"

Straightening up again, Sunghoon leaned in to kiss you and you brought your free hand up to frame his head in your hold. When he released you with a gentle hand, he straightened back up again and held his arms out for Sung-ho. You gently handed him over, and watched as Sunghoon slowly adjusted his hold onto him to support his neck.

The father peered down into his son's face and traced his forefinger down his nose, and as you leaned back against the pillow, you watched him examine each of Sung-ho's familiar features. It was like he was trying to find himself in his son's face. But the moment baby Sung-ho open his eyes again, he would find himself staring down at an almost carbon copy of him.

"I love you, Prince Sunghoon", you said abruptly, knowing as the months goes on, he will always love your unpredictability at confessing all of a sudden.

"I know", Sunghoon assured you with a grin, looking up at you and upon catching your eyes, your breath was caught in your throat. "I love you too, Princess Y/N"

You had never seen him look so overwhelming happy. Now that the tension between the two of you since the beginning is over, the wedding and pregnancy is dealt with, he is now free to hope for a happy ever after with you.

The two of you looked at each other once again - the love you shared together ringing clearer and stronger than you'd ever felt before - the baby between the two of you named Sung-ho is beginning to drew out a small smile.

And with interlocked fingers with his, you knew that the three of you were all ready to take on the world together. Together in forever

 Together in forever

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐞 ♕︎ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐧 ✓ 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅 🎉