Chapter 3

(Juvia's pov)
It was finally Saturday, the day of Mira's party, and of course, none of us had gone out to get dresses for it yet. So, we all decided to go to the store that my mom owns. As soon as we arrived there, we decided that we would pick out attire for everyone in a certain order: Levy, Mira, Lisanna, Lucy, me, Erza, then Wendy. It didn't take most of us long to decide, but Lucy just couldn't decide and Wendy didn't know what to pick up either. After what felt like an hour, Levy ended up in an orange strapless dress, Mira in a pink and red dress sparkly dress, Lisanna in a simple purple dress, Erza in a silver blouse(not armor for once) and blue skirt, Lucy in a pink dress, Wendy in an adorable blue dress, and I was in a sapphire blue dress that Mira assured me would win over Gray-sama.

Once we were done dress shopping, Mira and Lisanna decided that it would just be better if we went straight to her house so that we were the first guests. Mira and Lisanna were reassuring a crying Wendy that they would not lock her in a closet with someone while Levy and Lucy were talking about books. I sat down, about to start daydreaming about Gray-sama and I when Erza walked over to me.

"Hello Juvia," Erza said calmly. "You seem to be excited about tonight."

"Juvia is!" I over-excitedly responded. "Juvia is hoping that Gray-sama will finally notice me tonight with Mira's help."

"I'm sure he will," Erza smiled. "But don't overdo it. You know him, Gray sometimes doesn't respond well to too much affection. Also, don't let Mirajane go too crazy about getting you two together as well, that will scare him away."

"Thank you Erza," I beamed at her. "Juvia will use your advice, knowing that you aren't a love-rival."

"No problem," She chuckled. "I swear I'll never try to be with Gray."

"Everyone!" Mira screamed, "It's time to get changed into our dresses. Then, we are going to turn up! Grinding is allowed by the way to feel free to-"

"We get it Mirajane," Erza facepalmed. "I'll get changed first."

She went into the restroom to change and came out in her dress, with more makeup on and her hair looking perfect, 3 seconds afterwards. Then, everyone else took 10 minutes to change, add more makeup, and fix their hair.

"Erza," Lucy asked, dumbfounded, "How did you do that?"

"It's a gift of being fabulous I suppose," Erza flipped her hair.

"No seriously how is that even possible?" Lucy sighed.

"I truly don't know," Erza laughed.

We all sat down, conversing about guys when Lucy looked up, with tears in her eyes.

"Lu-chan, what's wrong," Levy asked, concerned. "Are you nervous about your love life or do you feel left out for some reason?"

"No," Lucy said, smiling. "I'm just glad to have real friends for the first time in nine years."

Right at that moment, the doorbell rang repeatedly. Lisanna went to the door to see Laxus, Bixlow, and Gray-sama. Lisanna and Bixlow run off to who knows where to do who knows what and Laxus started talking to Mira. Finally, it was my chance to start making Gray-sama love me! I better not blow this!

I ran over to Gray-sama and started talking to him nonstop. He smiled and responded to me politely, but he was constantly looking over to where Lucy and Erza were talking, then noticed that I saw him and turned away, blushing.

I knew it, Gray-sama was beginning to love Lucy. Lucy is my rival.

(Levy's pov)
I was calmly sitting on the couch talking to Wendy, waiting for the rest of my friends to come. Well, more like one of my friends. It was still interesting talking to Wendy though, she truly had an adorable personality which made it fun to be around her. Finally, the doorbell rang again. It was Gajeel, Jellal, Natsu, and Romeo. I walked over to Gajeel and kicked his leg.